Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really just can't see it being McCLaren!! If it is the Villa board have gone crazy.

This is what I keep telling myself. Randy isn't stupid. Is he? :?

Might be a financial decision.

Getting the right man in is the best financial decision he could make.

Getting McLaren in would be the worst. Think how low the attendances would be.

McClaren New Jamaica Boss

mcclaren_790724c.jpg

Former England manager Steve McClaren has made a shock move after taking over as head coach of the Jamaican national football team.

At a press conference in Kingston, McClaren accused his previous bosses at Wolfsburg of not giving him enough support:

"Don talk to me 'bout dem raasclaat Babylon. Man is bumbaclot. They wutless bwowys. I'm just gonna do good 'ere now, Jamaica me new yard. Wa'ppun."

*may or may not be true

james_eastham James Eastham

L'Equipe reporting Deschamps stays as l'OM manager. Great news. Here's hoping he rather than Anigo drives transfer policy this summer. #OM

STEAK JUST FOR YOU!

Good for Marseille at least :P

Hopefully he has some players left to work with in August....

I really just can't see it being McCLaren!! If it is the Villa board have gone crazy.

he'll be financially astute enough to realise that appointing Mclaren would lower home attendances by an average of 3,000 as against a more worthy candidate

McClaren New Jamaica Boss

mcclaren_790724c.jpg

Former England manager Steve McClaren has made a shock move after taking over as head coach of the Jamaican national football team.

At a press conference in Kingston, McClaren accused his previous bosses at Wolfsburg of not giving him enough support:

"Don talk to me 'bout dem raasclaat Babylon. Man is bumbaclot. They wutless bwowys. I'm just gonna do good 'ere now, Jamaica me new yard. Wa'ppun."

*may or may not be true

I beleived that until i read what he said.. :oops:

If Carlo is definately a no go then it's Moyes for me. Followed by Jol or Hughes

Thing is, we are only being fed with names that everyone knows is either available or possibly available.

None of us know the names of the other peoiple whom have applied for the job, or indicated that they might be interested through more indirect means.

Names being floated about may be red herrings to take us away from the real targets, like this Ancelotti episode.

We could be in for a suprise :winkold:

Sometimes the cheapest option in the short term, isn't the cheapest option overall. Loss of revenue from ticket sales, possible loss of income from low finishing place. I hope Randy isn't that short sighted.

Darren Bent is proof that you get what you pay for in this game. What's the saying that got bandied about under Ellis "If you pay peanuts, you'll end up with monkeys".

Do you remember when Brian Little resigned? All the rumour and hear say that was going round about a seriously big name appointment.

What did we do? Go down to Division two and poach John Gregory from Wycombe.

Moral of the story: Never be surprised by AVFC

Do you remember when Brian Little resigned? All the rumour and hear say that was going round about a seriously big name appointment.

Who then went on to do very very well for a while, in the face of an initial shit storm of criticism for not being a big name.

As each day passes without a new manager, the panic levels will rise and rise at the possibility of McLaren taking over until we reach mass message board hysteria and certain doom. I won't be able to take it. We need some positive news.

I think that was mainly because JG was Brians number two, before trying his luck elsewhere.

He knew the players, and the feeling arounfd the place was, Brian only started struglling once Gregory had left.

But, if Randy does take on Board what Uncle Doug tells him, then we could be up shite creek!!!