Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Do you remember when Brian Little resigned? All the rumour and hear say that was going round about a seriously big name appointment.

What did we do? Go down to Division two and poach John Gregory from Wycombe.

Moral of the story: Never be surprised by AVFC

Who then went on to do very very well for a while, in the face of an initial shit storm of criticism for not being a big name.

Very true. Won 7 of his first 9 games. Only lost twice, both times at home to Bolton and Barnsley.

All started to go a bit wrong when he started believing his own hype though

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you remember when Brian Little resigned? All the rumour and hear say that was going round about a seriously big name appointment.

Who then went on to do very very well for a while, in the face of an initial shit storm of criticism for not being a big name.

Very true. Won 7 of his first 9 games. Only lost twice, both times at home to Bolton and Barnsley.

Going totally off topic, but I thought that Barnsley game was a 0 0 draw? Just remember shot after shot some how not going in.

Edit: No, just looked it up. Lost 1 0. Memory is a funny thing.

Seriously, can we just have Houllier back please?

The supporters who wanted him out must be shitting their pants at the thought of McClaren taking over. Like ive been saying for the past 9 months...the grass aint always greener on the other side!!

Oh and can we do the poll again? Considering theres 300+ pie in the sky votes for Ancelotti, the results mean nothing. Id like a poll with realistic targets so we can get a propper idea who the fans want.

If Carlo Ancellotti has been approached and has just dismissed us without even coming over to see the situation for himself, then stuff him. it should be an honour to manage our club.

Going totally off topic, but I thought that Barnsley game was a 0 0 draw? Just remember shot after shot some how not going in.

Barnsley won 1-0, remember it vividly as my year head at the time supported them and ripped the piss for a good while only for them to get relegated!!!

It won't be McClaren, i'm pretty confident of that (though not as confident as the guy who'll eat his own poo if it is).

McClaren is just paper talk by journo's who don't have a clue, and need to fill a page with writing.

I'm still not discounting Hughes.

Martin Jol seems the obvious choice, and if it is him i'd expect it to happen very soon.

Otherwise Moyes & Benitez to round up the usual suspects.

i don't see it being someone outside these 4 managers.

Any new poll should also remove Lambert and Deschamps as former has signed a new contract with Norwich and the latter has now committed his immediate future to OM.

Will people ShutTFU about Jol. Here's a list of managerial honors.

Roda JC

KNVB Cup (1): 1996–97

AFC Ajax

KNVB Cup (1): 2009–10

Two tin pot domestic cups. He couldn't win the league with Ajax FFS. I remind you THIS IS ABOUT OUR NEXT MANAGER NOT WHO YOU WANT AS YOUR MATE.

I despair at the amount of numpties we have following us.

Convenient that article from Mat Kendrick. Must have read this forum. Trying to cover his tracks probably.

Ah well.

Bring in Rafa or Jol. Or is there something in what Yankee said about Moyes yesterday?

Rafa is the only other champions league/Title winner left.. He had a rough ending to Liverpool.. but they all love Rafa.. at Inter.. they didnt give him enough time..

For all the anti McLaren and Raffa posts, both are good managers. Raffa in particular would be good for the club.

For me, with Ancelotti out of the frame, its Benitez 1st choice, with Jol or Moyes as second choice, and I would risk Rijkaard if none of those three were available. I don't want Martinez, Hughes or McLaren, but I do think McLaren would do a good job for the club. Is Claudio Ranieri available, he has some gravitas and would be popular with the fans?