Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I still have confidence that they will not be stupid enough to appoint McLaren.

I'm sure they've like a united fanbase, but to unite the fans into one in being disgusted at the appointment og McLaren is going a bit far.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make that two numpties then coz I can't see the whole Jol thing either.

Oh and yes I would give my left arm to see the football we played under Atkinson at Villa Park again

having a different opinion and not wanting Jol doesn't make you a numpty.

telling everyone who wants Jol to S.T.F.U, and calling them numpties for having a different opinion does make you one.

as for having the football like under Atkinson, we'd all love to see that again, but i'm sure whilst you want to see that kind of football again, you don't actually want Ron Atkinson, do you?

actually, it would be kind of interesting :)

That's exactly what we need. A 2011 version of Atkinson. Bold, Brash, Headline grabber. Who loves his teams to play with style and flair.

Someone to raise the profile of the club and get the fans back into VP and on their feet again

The Wally is actually a very very good club manager.

So how come he nearly relegated Wolfsburg who were just 2 seasons ago the champions of the German League?

Get your facts right if you are going to choose a reason to slate someone. He left them when they were mid-table... the new manager came in and nearly relegated them.

He won the title with Twente... their first ever and they were massive under-dogs.

I don't want Mclaren any more than you do, but at least think to see if what you write has any sense before voicing your opinion.

I have just asked the guy why would we wait until the end of June for a manager...he's reply was that Hughes has been the number 1 target from the off and will be sorted before the end of the month????

MatKendrick

I know for a fact #avfc did sound out Ancelotti's advisors (despite his no contact/fantasy comments), but he's said 'no'

Hmmmmm who to believe, the man himself or a man who makes his living off writing stories.

Actually, technically you only have a choice of 'a man who makes his living off writing stories' and 'a man who make his living off writing stories'.

Unless you have seena spoken interview with Ancelotti ?

I don't understand the Benitez claims to be honest. Good manager perhaps a while ago but has completely lost it since then. He also has no charisma.

You're doing the guy a massive injustice but I won't go into it again.

Guys I would like to point out I'm not ITK but am posting this as the guy who told me to back Houllier at 16/1 has just text to say.... Get on Hughes 100%. I would like to point out this guy knows a few people at VP but when pushed he clammed up. I will have £200 out of the £800 I got of the Houllier tip off....just got 3.9 on betfair.

Surely there's merit in the Hughes talk.

Taking things into account over the next couple of weeks, two things will become apparent: 1) We are no nearer recruiting a new manager, and 2) Hughes will come to realise that no really big clubs are going to offer him a job.

Before you know it, it'll be June 30th and he will be free to talk to other clubs.

If not an ideal appointment certainly a marriage of convenience.

If we can't get a top top manager (Ancelloti) then I'd honestly prefer us to go for Martinez, Lambert or Poyet. I'd rather have a young hungry manager who'd be grateful for the chance and get us playing attacking football. Hughes/Jol/Moyes are much of a muchness to me, I wouldn't be disappointed but I think all three have proven what they can do - pretty much what we've done for the last ten years. Time for a bit of a risk.

MatKendrick

I know for a fact #avfc did sound out Ancelotti's advisors (despite his no contact/fantasy comments), but he's said 'no'

Hmmmmm who to believe, the man himself or a man who makes his living off writing stories.

Actually, technically you only have a choice of 'a man who makes his living off writing stories' and 'a man who make his living off writing stories'.

Unless you have seena spoken interview with Ancelotti ?

Why does no-one realise they can both be true? Villa have spoken to representatives of Ancelotti's, as Kendrick said, but have not spoken directly to Ancelotti, only to his advisors, as Ancelotti has said. It's not that complex.

I have absolutely no idea who will end up as manager.

I was told before the end of the season GH was stepping down and Randy wanted Moyes as his replacement and that's who I voted for.

Whether we get him or not we shall see.

Tom Ross stated categorically that Ancelotti was not our No 1 choice last Thursday, although we all ignored the Blue Nose.

He's tweeted this morning that Mark Hughes will not be coming to VP.

Is he ITK? I don't know.......

If we can't get a top top manager (Ancelloti) then I'd honestly prefer us to go for Martinez, Lambert or Poyet. I'd rather have a young hungry manager who'd be grateful for the chance and get us playing attacking football. Hughes/Jol/Moyes are much of a muchness to me, I wouldn't be disappointed but I think all three have proven what they can do - pretty much what we've done for the last ten years. Time for a bit of a risk.

I'm sort of coming around to this way of thinking as well. There are some very bright managerial prospects out there (the three you mention in particular, plus maybe Coyle), but one of these would be a huge gamble that could easily backfire.

I don't understand the Benitez claims to be honest. Good manager perhaps a while ago but has completely lost it since then. He also has no charisma.

You're doing the guy a massive injustice but I won't go into it again.

Hardly his record pretty much shows that. I'm not taking away from him what he has won as a manager in the past.

why do we all believe that we cant get Moyes? what is the negativity towards this?

surely if Moyes wants a change, then he has no chance currently of a top 4 or 5 club, so why wouldnt we be a suitable alternative?

He was number 1 choice pre Houllier, so why wouldnt he be now?

He gets my vote and i see NO reason why he will not come to us

anything above 10/1 betting wise has to be value for Randys number 1 choice, it has to be!

Well i did vote for Carlo though if all this is true about us approaching him...him thinking about it over the weekend..... him saying he's not interested.... then well quite frankly i'm glad he's not coming as he is obviously nothing more than a cheque book manager & hasn't the bottle to take on what must surely be a more exciting though much bigger challenge than his previous jobs.

So now i would like to see any from:

A: Moyes, Hughes, Rafa,

B: Jol, Martinez,

C: Ranieri, Rikjaard.

D: McLaren, Dr Spock, Orinoco or Bob the builder.

I have just asked the guy why would we wait until the end of June for a manager...he's reply was that Hughes has been the number 1 target from the off and will be sorted before the end of the month????

Love how this ITK info has only surfaced since Ancelotti ruled himself out.