Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

The Turkish Football Federation has accepted that Guus Hiddink is likely to leave his job as national team boss and return to Chelsea.

According to a senior source at the TFF, the Dutchman "can't say no to Chelsea, we believe he wants to leave".

Hiddink led Chelsea to an FA Cup victory as caretaker manager in 2009.

Despite an indifferent qualifying campaign, Turkey remain in contention for a Euro 2012 play-off place after a 1-1 draw against Belgium on Saturday.

Hughes more likely now?

Hiddink and Hughes "dream ticket" at Chelsea with Hughes the long term choice more like

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody give Stu some prozac. And a hug.

A hug would be nice mate, thanks!! :lol:

Can i suggest a slap round the face with a fresh line-caught trout for you and the others who are living in cloud cuckoo land :winkold:

I dont see how I am in cloud cuckoo land.

Pessimism. Realism. Delusion.

Three very different things.

But if I have to choose clouds I'd rather them have cuckoos in them than three million litres of rainwater.

For what it's worth I'm fairly certain there has been contact between Villa and Ancelotti. As there should be. He's one of, if not the best candidates for the job. It would be idiocy not to approach him.

The Turkish Football Federation has accepted that Guus Hiddink is likely to leave his job as national team boss and return to Chelsea.

According to a senior source at the TFF, the Dutchman "can't say no to Chelsea, we believe he wants to leave".

Despite an indifferent qualifying campaign, Turkey remain in contention for a Euro 2012 play-off place after a 1-1 draw against Belgium on Saturday.

Hughes more likely now?

Isn't the Story, Hiddink as DoF Hughes as Head Coach?

Hughes more likely now?

Hiddink and Hughes "dream ticket" at Chelsea with Hughes the long term choice more like

No chance would Hughes become a number 2 now IMO!

Hughes more likely now?

He wouldnt be No. 2, he would manage the team, Hiddink would buy the players is my view.

Hughes more likely now?

Really, whereI think this from Hughes when he resigned last week is pretty telling as a comment to make...

"As a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences," he said.

Hughes more likely now?

I wouldn't say so.. I think if anything Hiddink to Chelsea free's up Ancelotti to Villa. One of the bigger worries was that Redknapp would move to the Chelsea job and Ancelotti would then take the Tottenham job.. If Hiddink goes in Redknapp has no where to move keeping Ancelotti in the balance for Villa.

There is no chance Hiddink AND Hughes will be joining Chelsea. Hiddink wants more involvement than international football and Hughes wouldn't be a bit-part player.

Hiddink is quiting turkey because he wants the daily work of club management. No idea where this stuff about working with hughes comes from,probably his agent.

If hughes was going to be villa manager he would be here by now,he can be ruled out.

I feel sick. I can see it being McClaren. I got a feeling that GT has adviced again. His odds are Cut and more than one paper suggesting it :-(

His odds have been cut solely because of that one paper advising it. As a consequence everyone has stacked their clash on the wally and brought the odds right down.

Hopefully the general is following this thread and realises how unwelcome the appointment would be

If hughes was going to be villa manager he would be here by now,he can be ruled out.

No he wouldn't, he's still contracted to Fulham until June 30th and can't speak to anyone without their permission until then.

Hiddink is quiting turkey because he wants the daily work of club management. No idea where this stuff about working with hughes comes from,probably his agent.

Hughes can't start anywhere until July 1st as things stand due to his Fulham contract. Not saying I think it will be him now but I can see the club looking at what they may perceive as being better options (such as Ancelotti) and coming back to Hughes if a deal can't be struck with said options.

Can't believe they would be happy waiting until the start of next month without having a man in place but I don't think we can rule anybody out at this stage.

No he wouldn't, he's still contracted to Fulham until June 30th and can't speak to anyone without their permission until then.

We could still talk to his agent on the sly etc. I think if no manager is in place by the start of next week then we have lined up Hughes as our manager but just can't confirm it.

Hughes more likely now?

Really, whereI think this from Hughes when he resigned last week is pretty telling as a comment to make...

"As a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences," he said.

I just could not see him stepping out of the limelight now. I think by 'experiences' he means simply a different club.

I cant see him managing Chelsea either. Too young and inexperienced, especially at CL level, where their priorities would seem to be.

To get to that level he really needs to prove himself at our level first.

However to those who reckon getting someone like Hughes because they want stability are living a dream, he would be off like a shot if given the chance to go higher IMO.

I thought Hughes would be perfect for Villa.

I have been put off him majorly once I found out who his agent is!

Agreed!

On a similar note, Downing has the same agent as Dion - the one who announced his release clause to the press when he was still at Coventry