Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa hot-shot Darren Bent believes Carlo Ancelotti would be a great boss for the club.

Villa are on the lookout for a new manager after parting company with Gerard Houllier.

Mark Hughes and Ancelotti are among those to have been linked to the vacancy and Bent believes hiring former AC Milan and Chelsea boss Ancelotti would signify a step in the right direction for the club.

He told the Daily Star: "If we get Ancelotti everyone will be excited to go forward. Of course Aston Villa have to go for managers of the calibre of Ancelotti.

Massive club

"If we get Ancelotti everyone will be excited to go forward. Of course Aston Villa have to go for managers of the calibre of Ancelotti."

Darren Bent Quotes of the week

"Villa are a massive football club so if we can get him it shows the direction the club is going.

"I spoke to a couple of the Chelsea guys. They thought he was brilliant.

"Ashley Cole said he loved him, said he was a really good manager."

http://tinyurl.com/5srauxa

can someone post the latest odds - (gambling sites are blocked)

Paddy Power

Carlo Ancelotti

9/4

Rafael Benitez

7/2

Mark Hughes

4/1

Steve McClaren

4/1

Roberto Martinez

6/1

my theory

one person started this Ancelotti is in Birmingham rumour for a joke. that then got picked up by other Villa forums, people then texted their mates saying he's on Brum, they passed onto someone else and so on

and before you know it, everyones mate knows Ancelotti's in some Midlands hotel. but nobody actually knows anyone that does know it

all seems a bit vague and hopeful to me

You always get these rumours, this time it is Ancelotti is spotted here n there etc,anyone can and will make up stories.

It will become more clear over the next 2 days,until then it is all speculation and guess work.

Same source that told me over a week ago ... I don't think he's here yet (as some reports suggest) but he'll be here this week and signed as manager by Friday !

I really really hope your genuine and not some jumped up pleb trying to get a reaction! :winkold:

I ain't no jumped up pleb ! I've waited for before making this information public.. I usually check my information with MM first but he's no longer around !

The same information that was in the daily mail you mean?

Not having a go but anyone can go on the internet and start being "in the know". Pinch of salt is the phrase im looking for,hope you are telling the truth though.

Bent is just chatting like all of us lot,if any of us knew a chelsea player and you heard the ancelloti rumours you would ask them questions too,doesn`t mean anything.

As for that schteve mclaren article,it is most likely bollocks. But no more so than these sightings and reports about ancelotti. The truth is probably somewhere in between. They are both candidates. I wouldn`t go getting too excited before we see a picture of carlo laying on a wooden pallet.

I wouldn`t go getting too excited before we see a picture of carlo laying on a wooden pallet.

That's quite an obscure reference for someone who only has 7 posts and joined last August!

:suspect:

Exactly what i thought :)

I wouldn`t go getting too excited before we see a picture of carlo laying on a wooden pallet.

That's quite an obscure reference for someone who only has 7 posts and joined last August!

:suspect:

Exactly what i thought :)

Some of us have been reading for years without posting you know.

I think I'm gonna skip going Bodymoor Heath today and just pop down the road to Drayton Manor, my money is that he is there on the shockwave rollercoaster. That'll raise a couple of his eyebrows. I'll buy him his photo. Then if I see McClaren on the river rapids, I'll do my best to pop the inflatables that keep the boats afloat.

On a more serious note, if Carlo's been in Birmingham since yesterday, I'm suprised no news outlet or person has been able to snap a quick photo by now. Unless he is dressed as Darth Vader or something, ready to unveil himself to his new children, the Villa fans. Be a hell of a press conference.