Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If hughes was going to be villa manager he would be here by now,he can be ruled out.

No he wouldn't, he's still contracted to Fulham until June 30th and can't speak to anyone without their permission until then.

I think we would have asked for permission to speak to him early if we were actually interested. I can't see it taking much cash to get Fulham to allow him speak to us 4 weeks early and it would be well worth the money from our point of view.

I think his actions have nothing to do with us though, probably more due to his dodgy agent looking for another sign on fee.

Fellow Villa fans - can you REALLY not see what's happening here?

We're setting ourselves up not just for disappointment but mockery.

Yet again some itk nonsense has people writing stuff about Ancelotti's signings, etc. forgetting that there's not a chance that we'll attract such a big name.

The truth is that McClaren is far more likely.

I hope and pray that it's going to be better than that, but with all of this false hope going round, this is going to be the latest in a long line of threads that we look back on years later and curse ourselves for taking the bait.

I understand it - we all like to dream - but let's not make ourselves look like fools! We've done it SO many times before...

What a magnificent, small-time attitude you have.

So, by that logic the minnows of Chelsea shouldn't have bothered trying to sign Vialli and Gullit back in the mid-nineties?

What about in 1995 when the turgidly boring Arsenal broke their wage structure and entire transfer policy to sign a foreigner called Begkamp? Should they have bothered?

Now, at the time, both clubs had fewer trophies in the cabinet than Villa, and far lesser histories. (They still do, I would argue). The difference was that they had, at the time, something we lacked:

Genuine ambition and a desire to compete. They had young, dynamic men in their boardrooms - Chelsea had Matthew Harding and Arsenal had David Dein. Both men had the vision and desire to lift their clubs and push them on to new levels.

Aston Villa is one of the greatest names in football - despite having been hamstrung by Doug Ellis for years. Those Ellis days are over and we have a young, ambitious Chairman in charge of the club and he will do all he can to get the right man - and it won't be Steve Bloody McClaren.

Either have belief in your club and get positive or support one that matches your seriously low expectations. If any club in England should have the right to demand the very best then it is Aston Villa Football Club.

Fellow Villa fans - can you REALLY not see what's happening here?

We're setting ourselves up not just for disappointment but mockery.

Yet again some itk nonsense has people writing stuff about Ancelotti's signings, etc. forgetting that there's not a chance that we'll attract such a big name.

The truth is that McClaren is far more likely.

I hope and pray that it's going to be better than that, but with all of this false hope going round, this is going to be the latest in a long line of threads that we look back on years later and curse ourselves for taking the bait.

I understand it - we all like to dream - but let's not make ourselves look like fools! We've done it SO many times before...

What a magnificent, small-time attitude you have.

So, by that logic the minnows of Chelsea shouldn't have bothered trying to sign Vialli and Gullit back in the mid-nineties?

What about in 1995 when the turgidly boring Arsenal broke their wage structure and entire transfer policy to sign a foreigner called Begkamp? Should they have bothered?

Now, at the time, both clubs had fewer trophies in the cabinet than Villa, and far lesser histories. (They still do, I would argue). The difference was that they had, at the time, something we lacked:

Genuine ambition and a desire to compete. They had young, dynamic men in their boardrooms - Chelsea had Matthew Harding and Arsenal had David Dein. Both men had the vision and desire to lift their clubs and push them on to new levels.

Aston Villa is one of the greatest names in football - despite having been hamstrung by Doug Ellis for years. Those Ellis days are over and we have a young, ambitious Chairman in charge of the club and he will do all he can to get the right man - and it won't be Steve Bloody McClaren.

Either have belief in your club and get positive or support one that matches your seriously low expectations. If any club in England should have the right to demand the very best then it is Aston Villa Football Club.

Well said that man!

That AVillaFan gent saying Carlos is 100% in town and that RL is due shortly.

That guy is going to get absolutely annihilated if this doesn't happen.

Where does he post/tweet?

Is there a link?

That AVillaFan gent saying Carlos is 100% in town and that RL is due shortly.

That guy is going to get absolutely annihilated if this doesn't happen.

Where does he post/tweet?

Is there a link?

This is the thread.

I don't believe the guy, why would he know it and no one in the press?

I guess his plan is working though, he's getting a lot of attention.