Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn`t go getting too excited before we see a picture of carlo laying on a wooden pallet.

That's quite an obscure reference for someone who only has 7 posts and joined last August!

:suspect:

Exactly what i thought :)

Some of us have been reading for years without posting you know.

It wasn't a criticism, just a surprised observation

The fact it hasn't been mentioned once in any of the national papers leads me to believe that this is nowhere near a done deal or anywhere near where alot of people on here think.... This will be a long week.

I wouldn`t go getting too excited before we see a picture of carlo laying on a wooden pallet.

That's quite an obscure reference for someone who only has 7 posts and joined last August!

From this we can deduce that people read VT and dont post.....sneaky bastards

Edit - he's said so too...just call me Barnaby :D

The fact it hasn't been mentioned once in any of the national papers leads me to believe that this is nowhere near a done deal or anywhere near where alot of people on here think.... This will be a long week.

My bet would be that it wont be sort anytime soon, certainly not by the end of the week.

Exactly what i thought :)

Some of us have been reading for years without posting you know.

It wasn't a criticism, just a surprised observation

Anyone who witnessed it will never forget pallet-gate as long as they live.

Bent knows about as much as we do.

The fact that he was asking about Ancelotti probably means nothing more than he is excited about the prospect, much as we are.

I have just spoken to my brother who works in accounts at Villa Park and he says Randy Learner is due to fly into Birmingham tonight,as for Carlo he is due for talks on Wednesday as he isnt even in the country yet. Everyone in the office is talking about it and they all seem to think he will be the next manager,but it will take alot of money to make it happen.

Fellow Villa fans - can you REALLY not see what's happening here?

We're setting ourselves up not just for disappointment but mockery.

Yet again some itk nonsense has people writing stuff about Ancelotti's signings, etc. forgetting that there's not a chance that we'll attract such a big name.

The truth is that McClaren is far more likely.

I hope and pray that it's going to be better than that, but with all of this false hope going round, this is going to be the latest in a long line of threads that we look back on years later and curse ourselves for taking the bait.

I understand it - we all like to dream - but let's not make ourselves look like fools! We've done it SO many times before...

Same source that told me over a week ago ... I don't think he's here yet (as some reports suggest) but he'll be here this week and signed as manager by Friday !

I really really hope your genuine and not some jumped up pleb trying to get a reaction! :winkold:

I ain't no jumped up pleb ! I've waited for before making this information public.. I usually check my information with MM first but he's no longer around !

I see that there is a poster on Ianrobbo's site calling themselves MM, if it is the one and same, why post on there and not on here? He posted today, nothing ITK by the way.

I appreciate that Carlo is a long shot and unlikely but please don't let it be him OR

McClaren, surely there's more of a plan than that! It'd be like plucking up the courage to ask out Cameron Diaz and if that fails going for Anne Widdecombe.

I would be disappointed if we don't try to go for him but if he doesn't want to come here then so be it. At least we would have tried.

It seems that most fans on here have their hearts set on Ancelotti. How disappointed would you be now if it wasn't him?

I have my doubt whether he can re-build a club.

The thing I am most uncomfortable about is the number of fans (on forums and twitter) almost begging him to take over.

It makes us look cheap and small time. No manager should be begged to take over Aston Villa.