Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

How much could someone bet on a manager, based on some inside info, without getting in trouble?

I got Rafa at 18-1 earlier in the week, so tell me it's him and make me very happy........

Sorry, was watching the match...didn't mean to be a tease. David Moyes.

I got 19-1 on BetFair which is pretty good I think.

Is this THE insider or a different one?

This source does not have a beard :)

Reliable in the past type of source YIM.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Rafa didn't compete really did he? I mean he was up there in a few seasons but he took a side which won the champions league and took it to 5th in 5 years. And in that time he added a world class striker to the side. liverpool fans bleat on about the board but they don't manage what happens on the pitch. That squad should have easily been able to get champions league. So if he can't get champions league with a side like that how's he going to get it with our's? And then you add into that the fiasco at Inter. He took another champions league winning side and took them to 6th in a sub-standard serie A.

Of course the board manage what happens on the pitch.

When your manager and top players sign contracts on the proviso that they'll soon be joined by more world class players, how can they be expected to stay motivated when it transpires they were lied to?

There reached a point when Liverpool stopped being run by football people and started being run by financiers with the remit to reduce debt whilst making the club as attractive as possible to potential investors/buyers. For the whole of 2010, nobody was interested in what was happening on the pitch. The bank wanted their money back, the owners wanted their profit, the supporters wanted the owners gone and the players wanted to leave.

And in the middle of it all was Rafa.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure he made mistakes at Liverpool. But there is a mountain of mitigation.

Would you have Rafa back over Kenny?

How much could someone bet on a manager, based on some inside info, without getting in trouble?

I got Rafa at 18-1 earlier in the week, so tell me it's him and make me very happy........

Affirmative. Very reliable. I also heard Petrov is back in Birmingham because he picked up a foot injury yesterday (way off topic sorry).

In the last 4 hours there has been £104 placed on Moyles on betfair so i don't think any alarms will be going off there just yet!

Well I guess "Comedy" Dave would still be an improvement on Comical Mac as a number 2 . :winkold:

Affirmative. Very reliable. I also heard Petrov is back in Birmingham because he picked up a foot injury yesterday (way off topic sorry).

You are obviously willing to stick your ITK status on the line here. I may well lob a few quid on

You are obviously willing to stick your ITK status on the line here. I may well lob a few quid on

Might have to lump on too! I lost a bit today on the Derby and Bent to score a brace!! Need to recoup!

It's not from a player, but this source is 2/2 in info before (including bent signing) and I trust him/her...and NO do not put any money on the line because of anything I post!! Regardless of itk info or not, anything above 10-1 on Moyes is good value IMO!

But Rafa didn't compete really did he? I mean he was up there in a few seasons but he took a side which won the champions league and took it to 5th in 5 years. And in that time he added a world class striker to the side. liverpool fans bleat on about the board but they don't manage what happens on the pitch. That squad should have easily been able to get champions league. So if he can't get champions league with a side like that how's he going to get it with our's? And then you add into that the fiasco at Inter. He took another champions league winning side and took them to 6th in a sub-standard serie A.

When your manager and top players sign contracts on the proviso that they'll soon be joined by more world class players, how can they be expected to stay motivated when it transpires they were lied to?

There reached a point when Liverpool stopped being run by football people and started being run by financiers with the remit to reduce debt whilst making the club as attractive as possible to potential investors/buyers. For the whole of 2010, nobody was interested in what was happening on the pitch. The bank wanted their money back, the owners wanted their profit, the supporters wanted the owners gone and the players wanted to leave.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure he made mistakes at Liverpool. But there is a mountain of mitigation.

Do you think he would have the hunger and passion to start a long term project again, or do you think the last few years has taken a lot out of him?

I think he needs to be back involved. He's obsessed with football to the point that his wife complains because when they go on holiday, he's always disappearing for a kick-about with the kids.

Give him a supportive board who let him do his job and he'll be in heaven.

So if the board weren't interested in what was happening on the pitch then how were they affecting it apart from the contract stuff? And I'd say a pretty key part of management is motivation. To expect an easy run with players in a little dreamland where nothing harms their confidence is naive. Its down to the manager to limit the affecting factors and when thewy inevitably happen lift them out of the dip by offering a little encouragement. Gerrard himself said he would have liked Rafa to at least say well done to him when he played well.

Do you think he would have the hunger and passion to start a long term project again, or do you think the last few years has taken a lot out of him?

I think he needs to be back involved. He's obsessed with football to the point that his wife complains because when they go on holiday, he's always disappearing for a kick-about with the kids.

Give him a supportive board who let him do his job and he'll be in heaven.

Would you have Rafa back yes or no.....why don't you phone a friend!!!

So you would have Rafa back?

I wanted Rafa back before Kenny was appointed.

I'm thrilled with Kenny though. If he called it a day, I'd definitely want Rafa back.

So if the board weren't interested in what was happening on the pitch then how were they affecting it apart from the contract stuff? And I'd say a pretty key part of management is motivation. To expect an easy run with players in a little dreamland where nothing harms their confidence is naive. Its down to the manager to limit the affecting factors and when thewy inevitably happen lift them out of the dip by offering a little encouragement. Gerrard himself said he would have liked Rafa to at least say well done to him when he played well.

And how long can a manager be expected to stem the tide?

The shit didn't hit the fan overnight - the cracks started to appear in May '07. In May '09, we were narrowly beaten to the title despite the fractured boardroom, undermined management and protesting support.

But it was never going to last.

Like Redman most Liverpool fans seem to love Rafa. This video is class :lol:

Probably because he won the Champions League. I do think though he benefited massively from having Gerrard at his peak. Time and time again he'd save Liverpool. When his form dipped with injuries etc Liverpool lost the plot.

Like Redman most Liverpool fans seem to love Rafa. This video is class :lol:

Probably because he won the Champions League. I do think though he benefited massively from having Gerrard at his peak. Time and time again he'd save Liverpool. When his form dipped with injuries etc Liverpool lost the plot.

Well, we could have gone one up there if we had kept Salifou.

So you would have Rafa back?

I wanted Rafa back before Kenny was appointed.

I'm thrilled with Kenny though. If he called it a day, I'd definitely want Rafa back.

Give me 10 points on why he should be our manager. You could sell me.

And how long can a manager be expected to stem the tide?

The shit didn't hit the fan overnight - the cracks started to appear in May '07. In May '09, we were narrowly beaten to the title despite the fractured boardroom, undermined management and protesting support.

But it was never going to last.

Sorry mate , I know I'm being a bit annoying but what did the board do wrong apart from the contract stuff you mentioned? I don't know too much about it except for you fans hate them and love rafa in spite of the poor job he did post May '07?

My general point on Rafa is that I feel he could've done a better job at maintaining Liverpool's level after the champions league. Apart from that he turned Liverpool into a bit of a laughing stock with some of his antics (helped largely by the board) which I wouldn't like to happen here. My view on him wasn't improved by what happened at Inter. Add into that he seems fat too stubborn to adapt which I feel is crucial in the modern game and filled your youth system with foreign players who don't seem much better than the British ones who were coming through at the time.

The Daily Mail are just pissing in the wind and hoping nothing hits them imo.

Taking the fact he is a big name, unemployed and it gets people clicking on their website or buying their paper.

Makes no difference to them either way if its true or not.

This thread will be near 300 pages before its announced anyway imo.