Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another guy on TFF say he will be Villa manager in the next 36 hours.

Which guy? What's his managerial experience like?

Pretty good as it goes.

It's not a question of financing the transfer which is avfc' issue. It's the ability to offer top wages. We wouldn't need to go silly however offering our BEST players early 3 figure salaries would ensure we could get that next level of player.

How do we do that?

Reduce wage bill a lot

Work towards promoting youngsters through on lower wages

Fewer but highly experienced top quality players on those high wages.

If you have youngsters on longer contracts early then as they mature and clubs come knocking they have 3 years left to run and you can demand Milner style fees. The bigger names will be guaranteed to start, get plenty of prem football and be on a salary whilst not massive in today's standards, high enough to make them think a lot more carefully and not do a Barry.

You obviously have to increase turnover which would happen by increasing ticket prices, which if we signed two or three major players would be justification in my eyes. We are very competitive for ticket prices and ST looking at other clubs even outside London.

I think the hurdle for Lotti or any manager wanting to come to villa and push for the champions league will be upping the wage structure.

Perhaps if Randy puts forward 50m to whoever comes in they say 'give me 25 and put some of the rest to increasing the top players wages I want to bring in'

pete165 said :- If Moyes leaves Everton for us, I'll wine, dine and shag the donkey, then ride it round Villa Park, waving a claret and blue banner with 'I shagged this donkey because I doubted ITKs' emblazoned on it.

Well maybe Pete could sing this song from a friend musiscian of mine, whilst he is on the donkey http://bigalwhittle.co.uk/id27.html

Sign me up.

Just to clarify, I only agreed to shag the donkey during the previous managerial merry-go-round.

Carlo Ancelotti è il grande favorito per la panchina dell'Aston Villa dopo l'addio di Gerard Houllier, mentre il Chelsea ha finalmente ottenuto il "sì" di Guus Hiddink. Secondo gli allibratori britannici l'ex manager di Stamford Bridge è il candidato più forte per guidare la prossima stagione i Villas, preferito a Mark Hughes (Fulham) e David Moyes (Everton). Il presidente del club di Birmingham, l'americano Randy Lerner, deve ancora prendere una decisione finale ma secondo i rumors che arrivano dalle Midlands per Ancelotti è pronto un contratto principesco di lunga durata. Prima di firmare però il tecnico italiano, che nelle scorse settimane è stato contattato anche da Arsenal e Tottenham, vuole conoscere i piani della società e ottenere rassicurazioni tecniche per puntare alla qualificazione in Champions League. Nell'ultima stagione i Villas hanno chiuso al nono posto, a 20 punti dalla zona Champions.

Nel frattempo Hiddink manda messaggi inequivocabili al Chelsea: è pronto a lasciare la Turchia per tornare in Premier League. Il tecnico olandese - in un'intervista al Sun - ha dato la sua disponibilità a prendere il posto dello stesso Ancelotti.

It does a little more than say he is favourite, Don.

Carlo Ancelotti is the big favourite for the Aston Villa bench after the departure of Gerard Houllier, while Chelsea have finally got the "yes" from Guus Hiddink.

According to British bookmakers, the former manager at Stamford Bridge is the strongest candidate to lead Villa next season, who prefer him to Mark Hughes and David Moyes. The President of the Birmingham club, the American Randy Lerner, has yet to make a final decision, but according to rumours from the Midlands, Ancelotti is ready for a princely long-term contract. Before signing, however, the Italian coach, who in recent weeks has also been approached by Arsenal and Tottenham, wants to know the club's plans and wants to obtain assurances to point towards their ambition to qualify for the Champions League. Villa finished 9th last season, 20 points off the Champions League zone.

If rumours are correct (and they may not be) then he is willing if we can convince him of our own ambitions.

If there is a rumour that Ancelotti has been approached by Spurs then Redknapp might be one of Chelsea's candidates (or he might be the next England manager). In this case Ancelotti would probably be Spurs' nr1 target, and Ancelotti would no doubt choose London. It would be wise to let Chelsea (and Spurs) make their move first.

pete165 said :- If Moyes leaves Everton for us, I'll wine, dine and shag the donkey, then ride it round Villa Park, waving a claret and blue banner with 'I shagged this donkey because I doubted ITKs' emblazoned on it.

Well maybe Pete could sing this song from a friend musiscian of mine, whilst he is on the donkey http://bigalwhittle.co.uk/id27.html

What is it with donkeys and managerial changes?

Shillz said he'd bed a donkey if MON had quit, the day that MON quit.

Just had a crazy moment. Bought my chips, as I always do on a Friday. Anyway I squirted ketchup all over them... and what do you know? The ketchup spelt out the word 'Ancelotti'. It was of epic, ouija board style proportions.

I'm just not sure it's a reliable sauce.

Sign me up.

Just to clarify, I only agreed to shag the donkey during the previous managerial merry-go-round.

Dont give us that small print crap.

If its Moyes, we will hunt you down, Men pay up :lol:

Just had a crazy moment. Bought my chips, as I always do on a Friday. Anyway I squirted ketchup all over them... and what do you know? The ketchup spelt out the word 'Ancelotti'. It was of epic, ouija board style proportions.

:lol:

:wink:

Carlo Ancelotti è il grande favorito per la panchina dell'Aston Villa dopo l'addio di Gerard Houllier, mentre il Chelsea ha finalmente ottenuto il "sì" di Guus Hiddink. Secondo gli allibratori britannici l'ex manager di Stamford Bridge è il candidato più forte per guidare la prossima stagione i Villas, preferito a Mark Hughes (Fulham) e David Moyes (Everton). Il presidente del club di Birmingham, l'americano Randy Lerner, deve ancora prendere una decisione finale ma secondo i rumors che arrivano dalle Midlands per Ancelotti è pronto un contratto principesco di lunga durata. Prima di firmare però il tecnico italiano, che nelle scorse settimane è stato contattato anche da Arsenal e Tottenham, vuole conoscere i piani della società e ottenere rassicurazioni tecniche per puntare alla qualificazione in Champions League. Nell'ultima stagione i Villas hanno chiuso al nono posto, a 20 punti dalla zona Champions.

Nel frattempo Hiddink manda messaggi inequivocabili al Chelsea: è pronto a lasciare la Turchia per tornare in Premier League. Il tecnico olandese - in un'intervista al Sun - ha dato la sua disponibilità a prendere il posto dello stesso Ancelotti.

It does a little more than say he is favourite, Don.

Carlo Ancelotti is the big favourite for the Aston Villa bench after the departure of Gerard Houllier, while Chelsea have finally got the "yes" from Guus Hiddink.

According to British bookmakers, the former manager at Stamford Bridge is the strongest candidate to lead Villa next season, who prefer him to Mark Hughes and David Moyes. The President of the Birmingham club, the American Randy Lerner, has yet to make a final decision, but according to rumours from the Midlands, Ancelotti is ready for a princely long-term contract. Before signing, however, the Italian coach, who in recent weeks has also been approached by Arsenal and Tottenham, wants to know the club's plans and wants to obtain assurances to point towards their ambition to qualify for the Champions League. Villa finished 9th last season, 20 points off the Champions League zone.

If rumours are correct (and they may not be) then he is willing if we can convince him of our own ambitions.

If there is a rumour that Ancelotti has been approached by Spurs then Redknapp might be one of Chelsea's candidates (or he might be the next England manager). In this case Ancelotti would probably be Spurs' nr1 target, and Ancelotti would no doubt choose London. It would be wise to let Chelsea (and Spurs) make their move first.

Think we could end up waiting until Turkey's qualifier this weekend.

If Turkey win Hiddinck will stay put - Roman will turn to Redknapp and Carlo will head to Spurs.

If Turkey lose Hiddinck will jump ship, Redknapp will stay put and Carlo and Ray will sign up with us.

Anyone know who Turkey are even playing?

Durham and Goughy arguing on TalkSport now about whether we're big enough to attract Ancelotti.

Gough says we're already a big attractive club, bigging us up etc, Durham reckons Ancelotti's too big for us..

Was it Heinz or HP?