dudevillaisnice

Man City preparing a bid of £25million + Jo permanently for Arteta and Lescott....fook off Hughes :bang:

Financially that deal is probably right, for your team that is most definitely wrong. Kenwright however will take the money in the current circumstances I reckon.

That is if its true of course

why dont you just post it? i hardly think you're going to scupper the whole deal!

Rich Arab: "That scouse woman knows about it! she's posted it on a villa forum! game over!"

Don't want to jinx it :lol:

Alls I've been told is it's close/already has been done. Don't know who though, heard a few parties were interested.

AG - Honest question given your injury crisis this season. I know players like Cahill and Arteta are irreplaceable especially for clubs out side the top 4 who just don't have that strength in depth but do you think Everton should have more cover?

I can't help but feel that your squad is a little light on numbers in certain positions (as is ours granted) and after 7 years in charge surely Moyes should have done more to combat this?

I'm a huge fan of Moyes and the job he has done but it just strikes me that after so long in charge, limited budget or not he should have done more to combat this by now.

I don't think so really. One of the main strengths in our team is versatility, I think almost every player can play in more than one position. We do have a reasonably strong first 17 or so players:

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Neville, Arteta, Osman, Cahill, Fellaini, Pienaar, Rodwell, Gosling, Yakubu, Saha, Jo/Vaughan/Anichebe < Take your pick

They are the main basis of the squad.After that you have the squad fillers, as I call them:

Castillo, Van Der Meyde, Valente, Nash, Jacobsen.

Then we have the youngsters:

Baxter, Wallace, Kissock, Agard, Jutkiewicz, Irving. (Probably only the first 2 will make it with us, if they do)

I think the balance is about right now, the main problem we have had is injuries. Moyes prefers the small squad as it is better for team spirit, but you can't account for the injuries we've had (length and the players who happened to).

To make the step up we need to basically get rid of the squad fillers and relegate some of the main basis down into the squad filling role and replace them with a higher quality of player. I think the numbers are ok though.

bit of ignorance here but arent some of your injuries down to the players you buy? Cahill and Saha i was always under the impression were fairly injury prone.

Cahill had only had one injury when we signed him. The injuries he have had here were a medial ligament injury caused by lee carsley, and a broken 5th metatarsal break which recurred twice more because he jumps so powerfully and how he lands it was always dangerous. He was one more break away from retiring but hes had a metal rod put in now to fix it. He didn't really have the tag of injury prone when we signed him. Same with Yakubu and Arteta. Saha though, speaks for himself. If Kenwright accepts it he will of signed his own death certificate, the fans will be raging, Moyes would leave too I reckon, so I cant see it. Couldn't see them going either unless they were forced, more so Lescott than Arteta but I can't see it unless they were offering ridiculous wages. But Kenwright will be lynched if it happens. Just hope something comes of this takeover and we don't have to worry bout that anymore.

Apparently Moyes has told them the same as in January, to jog on, in not so nicer terms. £25million each and its considerable but I'd still be loathe even then. I dont think Kenwright is that stupid.

Or tell them to jog on.. as Moyes has done.

Until Man City prove themselves to actually be a team worth going to, money alone will not sway players.

Agreed. I think we'd say thesame if they tried to take Ashley from us.

• 2 weeks later...

i was just looking at Everton vs Villa (for my own amusement) as they are quite similar clubs:

Everton finished above us for the past 4 seasons.

Since the PL started, we finished above them 10 times, they finished above us 6 times.

They won 2 championships in the 1980's, Villa won 1.

We won a European cup, they won a Cup Winners Cup.

We've won 7 FA cups, they've won 5.

They won 9 league titles, we've won 7.

They had their recent 'dark' period in the late 1990's/early 2000's. they were just coming out of it, as we entered our dark period of the mid 2000's.

Everton's 2008 season turnover is $151m, Villa's is $150m.

Villa have been in the top division for 97 years, only beaten by Everton who have been here for 105 years.

• 2 weeks later...
i was just looking at Everton vs Villa (for my own amusement) as they are quite similar clubs:

Everton finished above us for the past 4 seasons.

Since the PL started, we finished above them 10 times, they finished above us 6 times.

They won 2 championships in the 1980's, Villa won 1.

We won a European cup, they won a Cup Winners Cup.

We've won 7 FA cups, they've won 5.

They won 9 league titles, we've won 7.

They had their recent 'dark' period in the late 1990's/early 2000's. they were just coming out of it, as we entered our dark period of the mid 2000's.

Everton's 2008 season turnover is $151m, Villa's is $150m.

Villa have been in the top division for 97 years, only beaten by Everton who have been here for 105 years.

the programme recently had some good facts, but i cant remember them!

something like its the most played game in league football, but we only have 1 more win and 1 more goal than them!

the programme recently had some good facts, but i cant remember them!

something like its the most played game in league football, but we only have 1 more win and 1 more goal than them!

Its the most played fixture in the league.

It breaks down like this:

League - Played 188. Villa 71 wins, Everton 70 wins, 47 Draws.

FA Cup- Played 9. Villa 4 wins, Everton 4 wins, 1 Draw.

League Cup - Played 9. Villa 3 wins, Everton 2 wins, 4 Draws.

Total - Played 196. Villa 78 wins, Everton 76 wins, 52 Draws.

Dunno how the goal difference breaks down. Ill be **** if I am counting it. (soccerbase)

Dunno how the goal difference breaks down. Ill be **** if I am counting it.

You are human afterall :lol:

Thankfully, BOF isnt :lol:

Goals (League)

Villa -286

Everton - 286

(FA Cup)

Villa -15

Everton - 14

Which is quite amazing considering how many games the two clubs have played against each other. :shock:

I'm stunned at that picture of Neville, stunned.

I am not, Phil Neville will always be a red in his heart and he still had a great game against them. I think the bloke is a top professional and wished he was at Villa Park.

Â