dudevillaisnice

I wonder if everton fans will start giving moyes shit and claim that 6th place would be failure?
No Way, 6th is incredible considering the start and injuries we've had. Moyes has done amazing this year, and learnt a lot, which can only help us in the long run. We were crap yesterday, too many players were anonymous. Got what we deserved in the end, just not good enough. 4th is gone, and I highly doubt we'll catch you lot so it's consolidate 6th and do as much as we can in the cup.I think that was partly to blame yesterday, eyes on the cup game. Also we missed Cahill, our talisman, and I think in the end it was just one step too far for our depleted squad.

I think both teams are running on empty now! Teams below us will look at the season we have both had, seen we are getting tired, and raise their game, we just keep getting bad luck with injuries (yobo and cahill the latest) Both our squads are starting to tell! At least we don't have to play Manure next!

You've had your fair share of injuries, but poor start aint an excuse, that's your own doing!

Think you can fend off offers for the likes of Cahill and Arteta? For a club that seemingly needs money, do you think your chairman will sell if he gets a decent offer?

You've had your fair share of injuries, but poor start aint an excuse, that's your own doing!

Think you can fend off offers for the likes of Cahill and Arteta? For a club that seemingly needs money, do you think your chairman will sell if he gets a decent offer?

:lol:

Kin' hell mate, if Kenwright sold Arteta or Cahill he'd be lynched.

Yak will be gone soon enough.

You've had your fair share of injuries, but poor start aint an excuse, that's your own doing! Think you can fend off offers for the likes of Cahill and Arteta? For a club that seemingly needs money, do you think your chairman will sell if he gets a decent offer?
Where did I use it as an excuse? All I said was we've done class to be where we are considering our poor start :? People forget we had loads of injuries then too, by the way... Cahill and Arteta won't be sold, neither wants to leave either. Plus have heard big news on the takeover front but will hold fire til more news breaks.

AG - Honest question given your injury crisis this season. I know players like Cahill and Arteta are irreplaceable especially for clubs out side the top 4 who just don't have that strength in depth but do you think Everton should have more cover?

I can't help but feel that your squad is a little light on numbers in certain positions (as is ours granted) and after 7 years in charge surely Moyes should have done more to combat this?

I'm a huge fan of Moyes and the job he has done but it just strikes me that after so long in charge, limited budget or not he should have done more to combat this by now.

why dont you just post it? i hardly think you're going to scupper the whole deal!

Rich Arab: "That scouse woman knows about it! she's posted it on a villa forum! game over!"

Don't want to jinx it :lol:

Alls I've been told is it's close/already has been done. Don't know who though, heard a few parties were interested.

AG - Honest question given your injury crisis this season. I know players like Cahill and Arteta are irreplaceable especially for clubs out side the top 4 who just don't have that strength in depth but do you think Everton should have more cover?

I can't help but feel that your squad is a little light on numbers in certain positions (as is ours granted) and after 7 years in charge surely Moyes should have done more to combat this?

I'm a huge fan of Moyes and the job he has done but it just strikes me that after so long in charge, limited budget or not he should have done more to combat this by now.

I don't think so really. One of the main strengths in our team is versatility, I think almost every player can play in more than one position. We do have a reasonably strong first 17 or so players:

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Neville, Arteta, Osman, Cahill, Fellaini, Pienaar, Rodwell, Gosling, Yakubu, Saha, Jo/Vaughan/Anichebe < Take your pick

They are the main basis of the squad.After that you have the squad fillers, as I call them:

Castillo, Van Der Meyde, Valente, Nash, Jacobsen.

Then we have the youngsters:

Baxter, Wallace, Kissock, Agard, Jutkiewicz, Irving. (Probably only the first 2 will make it with us, if they do)

I think the balance is about right now, the main problem we have had is injuries. Moyes prefers the small squad as it is better for team spirit, but you can't account for the injuries we've had (length and the players who happened to).

To make the step up we need to basically get rid of the squad fillers and relegate some of the main basis down into the squad filling role and replace them with a higher quality of player. I think the numbers are ok though.

why dont you just post it? i hardly think you're going to scupper the whole deal!

Rich Arab: "That scouse woman knows about it! she's posted it on a villa forum! game over!"

Don't want to jinx it :lol:

Alls I've been told is it's close/already has been done. Don't know who though, heard a few parties were interested.

I don't think so really. One of the main strengths in our team is versatility, I think almost every player can play in more than one position. We do have a reasonably strong first 17 or so players:

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Neville, Arteta, Osman, Cahill, Fellaini, Pienaar, Rodwell, Gosling, Yakubu, Saha, Jo/Vaughan/Anichebe < Take your pick

They are the main basis of the squad.After that you have the squad fillers, as I call them:

Castillo, Van Der Meyde, Valente, Nash, Jacobsen.

Then we have the youngsters:

Baxter, Wallace, Kissock, Agard, Jutkiewicz, Irving. (Probably only the first 2 will make it with us, if they do)

I think the balance is about right now, the main problem we have had is injuries. Moyes prefers the small squad as it is better for team spirit, but you can't account for the injuries we've had (length and the players who happened to).

To make the step up we need to basically get rid of the squad fillers and relegate some of the main basis down into the squad filling role and replace them with a higher quality of player. I think the numbers are ok though.

Do lots of Everton fans slag Moyes off for playing players out of position (versatility) or having too small squad? MON gets tons of shit about both in here..

Do lots of Everton fans slag Moyes off for playing players out of position (versatility) or having too small squad? MON gets tons of shit about both in here..

They aren't necessarily out of position, they can often play their quite naturally, like Neville at right back, Jags at right back, Baines left midfield.

In answer to your question though, he does at times, yeah. He got a fair bit of stick for putting Yobo back in and moving Jags to right back, and he does get some stick for having a small squad, but not many people at all.

You've had your fair share of injuries, but poor start aint an excuse, that's your own doing! Think you can fend off offers for the likes of Cahill and Arteta? For a club that seemingly needs money, do you think your chairman will sell if he gets a decent offer?
Where did I use it as an excuse? All I said was we've done class to be where we are considering our poor start :?

I know you never said it was an excuse, but it just seems a bit silly. That'd be like me saying, we've done amazing to be where we are, considering we haven't won for 2 months and counting.

You've done well with all the injuries though and the game at VP in a few weeks is gonna be big.. is your FA Cup semi before or after that?

Where did I use it as an excuse? All I said was we've done class to be where we are considering our poor start :?

I know you never said it was an excuse, but it just seems a bit silly. That'd be like me saying, we've done amazing to be where we are, considering we haven't won for 2 months and counting.

You've done well with all the injuries though and the game at VP in a few weeks is gonna be big.. is your FA Cup semi before or after that?

The weekend after.

Cahill, has gone back to Australia to show the national team he's not faking it basically. He is 50/50 for Wigan game but I doubt he'll be risked. Should almost certainly be fit for you'se if he's not fit for Wigan.

Did anyone see David Moyes on goals on sunday?

He came across as a very nice chap, and was pretty realistic about Everton's chances. Made me laugh too when the presenter talked about the 'buzz' in Liverpool after Liverpool's recent run....until Moyes piped up that the buzz was likely to be in Norway or Sweden, rather than Liverpool... :lol:

Did anyone see David Moyes on goals on sunday?

He came across as a very nice chap, and was pretty realistic about Everton's chances. Made me laugh too when the presenter talked about the 'buzz' in Liverpool after Liverpool's recent run....until Moyes piped up that the buzz was likely to be in Norway or Sweden, rather than Liverpool... :lol:

I did :lol:

He's a classy guy.

They said "Did you have a plan to deal with Delap's throw ins".

He replied "Yes, to head it away" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Â