dudevillaisnice

yup stones showed that he could single-handedly  ruin defences all by himself. He did it so well he managed to secure a 40m+ transfer to one of the best clubs in the country.

or maybe, it was hugely down to the manager who gets criticized by everyone for not being able to set up defences and rumoured to have all their players unfit (although this seems to always get said) has left.
And has been replaced with a really good manager who had his previous club looking really solid defensively. And everton would be looking very solid still  if stones was still there

Stones hate is a bit silly

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

I think they'll do well because they have some of the most undervalued players in the premier league - Bolasie, Lukaku, Gana, Mirallas, Valencia, Baines and Barry. They also have a lot of players who can be decent if they are not playing a key role. They've done well in the transfer window and now have a more than decent manager in Koeman.

Edited by Michael118

On 9/14/2016 at 03:36, Michael118 said:

I think they'll do well because they have some of the most undervalued players in the premier league - Bolasie, Lukaku, Gana, Mirallas, Valencia, Baines and Barry. .

The bolded, undervalued?

35m winger

27m striker

Rated

Highly rated

On 13 September 2016 at 18:29, Zatman said:

the defence really looks a different class when remove Stones for WIlliams. not a surprise really

Most of the other half of my family were glad to see Stones go. Thought he made too many mistakes defensively. Everton also have one or two young CBs coming through who are potentially every bit as good as Stones.

Everton are better this season and have toughened up the spine of the team with the signings of Williams and Gana. Bolasie adds more pace which was needed. Everton will surprise a few this season and will finish top 7 barring serious injuries.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Lukaku is shit.

56 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He really isn't.

Yeah, he really isn't. It's actually laughable to call him shit.

And he's still 23. Fourth youngest player to reach 50 premier league goals (Fowler, Rooney, Ronaldo)

He's in the top 5 for quickest Everton player (of all time) to get to 50 goals too.

He's just shy of being a 1 in 2 striker. And he's 23.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I think he is a flat track bully. His game really hasn't improved that much from what I can see. He still has far too many days where the ball is bouncing off him, his touch is rubbish.

Yeah, he is not shit, that was stupid ...but for someone with over 200 league appearances to his name should be getting close to the finished article now. He still falls back on his physical attributes way too much and has way too many off days.

In fairness nobody would say the same about an extremely quick player and their pace.

I agree with you he has a fairly poor first touch for a player of his quality and it's not really improved.

That said he is a very effective player and a good goal scorer.

There aren't many better than his in the PL.

On 30 December 2016 at 21:24, rodders0223 said:

Lukaku is shit.

Lukaku is a monster of a player and on many occasions is unplayable. He does tend to have periods where he goes off the boil for a few games but I absolutely love him as a player.  He's borderline world class for me and he's still so young.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he is a flat track bully. His game really hasn't improved that much from what I can see. He still has far too many days where the ball is bouncing off him, his touch is rubbish.

Yeah, he is not shit, that was stupid ...but for someone with over 200 league appearances to his name should be getting close to the finished article now. He still falls back on his physical attributes way too much and has way too many off days.

It's Everton who have not really improved enough. Yes they are still a decent team but  in terms of progress they have hit a brick wall. They are lacking that toughness the Everton of a few years back had. I'm not really sure where I see them going from here.

• Like 1

Â