dudevillaisnice

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If you have got all that money who's coming? Who's getting you 6/7 places up the table?

Well for one, the quality in that squad is good enough for top 7/8 anyway - if they have a manager who uses them correctly.

I'm not privvy to who our transfer targets will be though, sorry.

Sorry AG but you guys are miles off top 7/8, as per the list of clubs on the previous, you guys need to look at it realistically and see how far off even West Ham you guys are

And while you spend all that money are you expecting them to stand still?

There's no reason why Everton couldn't get in the top 6 if they invest heavily and get the right manager in.  There are no guarantees, it will be incredibly tough, but certainly not out of the question.  The stuff about them not being able to attract the top players is wrong IMO - there are a LOT of very good players who will want to play in the prem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Sorry AG but you guys are miles off top 7/8, as per the list of clubs on the previous, you guys need to look at it realistically and see how far off even West Ham you guys are

Everton aren't that far off West Ham at all. They have a better striker than West Ham currently do (although of course he wants out) and some good midfielders at the club, they just can't defend as a unit seemingly. 

I think at the start of last season most would've expect Everton to finish higher of the two. West Ham have the advantage now but variables of how long will it take for them to adapt to playing at Olympic stadium and also playing in europe are two that I think will shift them down a place or two. They did finish 7th in the end so back down to 8th or 9th and I'd fully expect Everton to be a team to take advantage of that.

Koeman got Southampton to 7th and 6th, after a vast majority of the squad had been sold. He could easily get Everton to similar finishes. Still think 2/3 yrs time He'll be at Arsenal, Wenger will sign a contract extension for now, but then Koeman will take over. That is unless he goes to barca, but that is still a long way off in my eyes.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Everton have a top 8 squad at the moment just had a crap manager. get a goalkeeper, centre back, centre midfielder and solid alternative for Lukaku and they be grand

Everton fans are hoping for more than 6th, if the 'GrandOldTeam' forum is anything to go by. There was a meltdown on there over Koeman because he hasn't achieved more with Southampton than Moyes did with Everton. Also judging by the transfer gossip pages, you'd think Moshiri was Chelsea/Man City level rich, most top flight these days have a billionaire owner. I can understand the Everton fans excitement though, if they make good appointments and spend even just a third of the figures being talked about, then there's no reason why they shouldn't progress, I certainly think the likes of West Ham, Southampton and Leicester are overtakeable.

Yeah Everton will have a decent team if they can keep hold of the 2/3 players that want out, keep the 2 overrated young English players, get a decent manager, buy a quality centre back, 2 central midfielders and a back up striker and 2/3 other quality players...

If you guys are anticipating top 6 you're in for a long unhappy season

Still haven't seen an answer for how with FFP they're spending £100m this summer

On the Everton forums they're talking about signing players like Joe Hart (or Forster/Butland), Mata, Giroud, Rooney and some of Southampton's best players, they seem convinced that they're going to be big spenders. As for Koeman I think the story is that Everton have offered twice what Southampton have offered in wages. Don't know where the money's coming from but there are rumours that Usmanov is going to be joining Moshiri.

5mil per year for manager. Sounds  a lot and looks like theyre serious but still puts them behind spurs/liverpool though which is where theyre now really.

if theyre serious about rooney then aha, like the guy is going to take a 200k wage cut . Infact all those players wont be taking a wage cut. Its not like everton can suddenly start offering 100k-150k to everyone.

As someone else said earlier, theyll be spending all this money to just catch up with europa league spots

Edited by gharperr

Everton will always be Everton, they will always be a mid table club at best and never ever challenge for European football in the near future. Honestly it must be tough being an Everton fan, always being second fiddle to their older brother Lpool.

1 hour ago, 007√ said:

Everton will always be Everton, they will always be a mid table club at best and never ever challenge for European football in the near future. Honestly it must be tough being an Everton fan, always being second fiddle to their older brother Lpool.

We'll see.

At the beginning of last season, looking at Everton's squad you would have thought they'd be in the top 6.

It seems they massively under-achieved last season, at least partly due to the manager.

A better manager (which they they now have) and spending £100mill-odd should get them top 6 easily,

Why? That squad isn't better than Spurs, arsenal, Utd, city, Chelsea or Liverpool

Then you throw in West Ham who have elevated themselves in to a great position, I'd even add Stoke and Southampton, obviously I'd now expect Southampton to drop a level but Everton are nowhere near top 6, they have a team that might be able to boast 2/3 quality players but the rest are just good, the squad as a 25 man squad is average

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

At the beginning of last season, looking at Everton's squad you would have thought they'd be in the top 6.

It seems they massively under-achieved last season, at least partly due to the manager.

A better manager (which they they now have) and spending £100mill-odd should get them top 6 easily,

the point I raised earlier is How are they going to spend that £100m .....  the top players will want Champions League or at worst a chance of trophies  ... Everton aren't going to be able to offer that  .... they might get lucky and find a Mirez or a Payet  somewhere , but seeing as they've already gone out telling everyone they have £100m to spend they are going to get stiffed every which way and end up with  spending 13 million on another Oumar Niasse

There are plenty of good players to go around, if you've got the money. They can't all go to established clubs. Apparently they're trying to bring in Sevilla's sporting director Monchi, which would be a coup and might help with attracting players.

Â