dudevillaisnice

2 minutes ago, useless said:

There are plenty of good players to go around, if you've got the money. They can't all go to established clubs. Apparently they're trying to bring in Sevilla's sporting director Monchi, which would be a coup and might help with attracting players.

They can try, but every single top club across Europe is trying to get his signature. In other words, I have more chance of displacing Lukaku as their first choice striker then them signing Monchi!

I wonder what it is like to have another club pay to take your manager..

If anyone can remember the last time a club poached our manager, pretty sure not in my lifetime?

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Not disputing that recent villa managers haven't been awful, but you could argue that villa managers of the past wouldn't have had many places to go to move to a bigger club. Man Utd had Fergie, Arsenal Wenger, so when we were up finishing 6th regularly you'd only have Liverpool and Chelsea that were realistically a bigger move. Everything else could have been seen as a sideways step.

• 1 month later...

£150m plus proceeds of sales and they go in for Gana !!!

think it's safe to say it's not just villa fans that get lied to by their owners

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so that's £7m for Gueye , £2m for the keeper ,spent so far

leaving £141m plus £47.5m for Stones still to spend  ... when does the season kick off ?

12M bid for williams

Can't believe city paid 47.5 m for stones ....I really don't get the hype at all

and to replace him with Williams for 12 m I a cracking bit of business 

the problem I see with Everton is they got money now but really which top players really want to go there ??  When you got Liverpool city Utd so close who have more money n pulling power 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well its all Steve Walsh now, Koeman just a coach not a manager. 

Steve Walsh turning into a one season wonder with these signings :P

Remember when Graham Carr at Newcastle was seen as the super scout? Lasted about 6 months!

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well its all Steve Walsh now, Koeman just a coach not a manager. 

Steve Walsh turning into a one season wonder with these signings :P

They'll sack him at end of season....and appoint Graham Carr instead.

Be interested to see what AG is making of this. As they kept reminding us at VP last season they're "f***ing rich" now so spending 100m just to finish 6-8th....which is what they were doing when dear old Bill Kenwright was signing Jermaine Beckford on a free transfer.

Oumar Niasse - possibly the worst signing by any team ever? 

£13.5m in Jan and now not even given a squad number. 152 mins of action and an arrest for alleged assault 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â