dudevillaisnice

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Jesus that goal keeping was godawful. How do you not stop a free kick that goes directly in the middle of the goal waist height?

And they thought Howard was bad at the end there

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Well we'll see what the next manager does. Martinez seems a very decent man, I wish him well!

Me too, was classy when I met him when Swansea played Horsham in the FA Cup several years ago.  Right time to make a change, after a good solid first season the club has gone backwards and new people behind the scenes will want a higher level of manager.  I've always quite liked Everton.

• Like 1

i think hughes would be mad to go there personally, havent seen the figures but im guessing the stadium sponsorship deal by their parent company will mean stoke are fairly competitive this summer

seen de boer linked this morning

37 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It was when Houllier left that we were after him.

Iirc We went after him twice, the first time was when MON whelan refused permission to talk then when houllier left we talked and he turned us down

i still remember whelan on the phone to sky saying he had granted permission but knew he wouldn't go as he deserved a much bigger club, and within a few years Barcelona or Real Madrid would be after him.

18 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Iirc We went after him twice, the first time was when MON whelan refused permission to talk then when houllier left we talked and he turned us down

i still remember whelan on the phone to sky saying he had granted permission but knew he wouldn't go as he deserved a much bigger club, and within a few years Barcelona or Real Madrid would be after him.

Pretty sure that was all after Houllier left.

14 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Pretty sure that was all after Houllier left.

We definitely went for him twice, the first time may have been after houllier & the second time after mcleish

have to wonder why Everton sacked him now, why not just wait until Monday?

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

De boer odds on. Be a great appointment

There was a fan on Talksport this morning who rang in to say Martinez would be sacked  today which has happened and De Boer would be new manager by Sunday  (he quit Ajax an hour later).

So I'd be surprised if  it's anyone else given that tip off. 

13 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

We definitely went for him twice, the first time may have been after houllier & the second time after mcleish

have to wonder why Everton sacked him now, why not just wait until Monday?

Apparently 5 of the first teamers are out of contract this summer (like Tim Howard and Leon Osman) and the club didn't want their last game to be marred by Martinez Out chanting.

Â