dudevillaisnice

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 22:45, LondonLax said:

We had large sections of the fan base calling for Martin ONeills head even though we were finishing top 6 under him. 

Football fans are impatient lot by nature. 

It's not necessarily impatience its judging the opportunity in front of you,with hindsight its easy to say how great finishing 6th was but at the time he should have got us over the line and I'm still of the opinion that it was his own Danny stubbornness that we didn't

Martinez is the same, picked a bad season to a poor year, if he'd have replicated the form from his first year then they might be around where westham are, I think next year will be incredibly tough to be top 8 and Everton will rue this year 

• Like 1

Think that would be an underwhelming appointment, Moyes has lost that spark he had a few years back. I'd take him for us but that's a completely different challenge at a much lower level than where Everton want to be.

I'd also be a little bit disappointed in Moyes actually. Yes he's failed at Man. United (Van Gaal hasn't done a huge amount better which shows the scale of replacing Fergie) and struggled abroad but wait for another decent challenge rather than running back to a club where he knows everyone. It didn't work for them when Kendall went back.

I can only think they know some of their best players will be leaving this summer (which is understandble) so Moyes would be a good fit for a rebuilding job.

It rarely does work when a manager returns to his former club. Graham Taylor Watford and us, Johnny Giles at West Brom are further examples of managers who had great first spels at a club but less than successful second spells.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think given the damage to his reputation and his seemingly low stock moyes will end up at Celtic, piss the league, win the cups, say the right thing about the Cal qualification failure...easy job

Can see that if Everton don't  come back in for him

Dynamo Kyiv’s president has insisted he will not consider selling Andriy Yarmolenko to Everton or Stoke.

Dynamo Kyiv’s president has insisted he will not consider selling Andriy Yarmolenko to Everton or Stoke.

The Ukraine international has been tracked by several Premier League clubs for some time, with Everton having failed with an attempt to sign the playmaker last summer. Ihor Surkis revealed last week that he is willing to allow Yarmolenko and Austria defender Aleksandar Dragovic both leave the club for the right fee but admitted they will only countenance selling him to a “top club"

“If I get an offer that will suit Dynamo and Yarmolenko wants to go to this club, I’ll let him. All talk of a transfer will begin after the Euros,” he said.

“He is already a top player, so he should go to a top club. My position is that we should not let Yarmolenko go to such clubs as Everton and Stoke City. Dynamo is Dynamo and Stoke City is Stoke. We’re playing in the Champions League, andStoke City are fighting for survival.”

Arsenal and Liverpool have also been linked with a move for the 26-year-old, who has already turned down a lucrative move to China in the past.

“If we receive an offer that will suit the club and suit the player, no one will hold him back,” added Surkis.

“I, as president of the club, had a winter offer from China completely arranged, but Yarmolenko did not even come to the meeting with the sports director of the Chinese squad.

“Andriy said that dreams to play in the Bundesliga and the English Premier League. The situation compared to last year is completely different, for example, Borussia Dortmund came to us two days before the transfer window closed.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/02/andriy-yarmolenko-dynamo-kyiv-everton-stoke

Edited by Villaphan04

Dont know about everyone else but as well as supporting Villa, my prem team next season will be Everton. I just like them as a club. They are the closest club to us in terms of fanbase, passion, stadium and club size. Good luck Everton. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, blandy said:

Dem, snap out of it man! "my prem team". Have you gone completely mad?

That's one step short of a letter I saw in the paper the other day which was talking about Leicester's achievements. The letter was fine, up to the point where the "sender" signed off as a "former Forest and current Rams fan".

I forbid you to have a "prem team". It's a whole bunch of wrong.

Haha you are right maybe my term of expression was wrong. I menat out of all the Premiership sides left i want them to succeed most after Villa 

On April 30, 2016 at 18:11, Rugeley Villa said:

I've said it plenty of times and I'll say it again, great club,great fans and I've always admired them as a club.

There has always seemed to be a kind of kinship between the two clubs. 

Â