dudevillaisnice

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Eesh, just watched the highlights. Any takers for Martinez for Villa, cuz he's finished at Everton.

I would not be too disappointed if we got him....

Edit. But on reflection I would be worried whether he could handle the "characters" we employ

Edited by Gary Thomas

7 minutes ago, Artetasgirl said:

As someone who has seen every single game he's played at Everton, I can tell you right now...he is a ridiculously good talent. He is a superb player who will only get better. I'll be gutted when he leaves as I know how good he can be.

He needs the right manager to bring it out of him, it's as simple as that. He is 21 years old!

his agent will find the club that will pay the most for him so they'd better hope that by coincidence they have that right manager

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bloodshot eyes could be a sign of high blood pressure.

They can also be a sign of a spike up your arse.

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Eesh, just watched the highlights. Any takers for Martinez for Villa, cuz he's finished at Everton.

eh no, we have already suffered one embarrassing relegation without this charlatan leading us to League 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Rather martinez than fistface or Mccarthy 

Not a chance.

They're relatively proven. Especially in promotions from the Championship. Martinez is a proven disaster. He did what Bruce couldn't do. Take Wigan down.

I don't get the hate for Martinez at all.  So what if he got relegated with Wigan, I'd say it's more of an achievement keeping them in the league that long and winning a trophy to boot.  His Swansea job was excellent.  At Everton I'd say he has done ok getting them in Europe but this season has been a poor one, but Moyes has the odd poor one for them too.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't get the hate for Martinez at all.  So what if he got relegated with Wigan, I'd say it's more of an achievement keeping them in the league that long and winning a trophy to boot.  His Swansea job was excellent.  At Everton I'd say he has done ok getting them in Europe but this season has been a poor one, but Moyes has the odd poor one for them too.

Bruce and Jewell kept them in the league at times with a lot more comfort than Martinez did, he has had 2 poor seasons at Everton especially since he has spent a lot of money

the fact in about 10 years of management he has not once been able to set up a defence is shocking

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Make this comment on the Everton forum.

They hate him.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bruce and Jewell kept them in the league at times with a lot more comfort than Martinez did, he has had 2 poor seasons at Everton especially since he has spent a lot of money

the fact in about 10 years of management he has not once been able to set up a defence is shocking

Thats my only concern with martinez he has a record of setting up poor defences and ours ia already shite enough!

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They were 5th last year with a record points haul and won 21 games, if he wins the FA cup this season it's more than they have done in a bloody long time. Hardly a disasterous 2 years is it?

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Make this comment on the Everton forum.

They hate him.

Yeah I know but there is plenty of hate on here for Lambert (and less so Remi) but I think he generally did a decent job and had more success than failure in his career.

Just now, KHV said:

They were 5th last year with a record points haul and won 21 games, if he wins the FA cup this season it's more than they have done in a bloody long time. Hardly a disasterous 2 years is it?

that was 2013/14 they came 5th. last year they came 11th after spending a record fee on Lukaku

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

No they weren't.

Bizarrely, Everton have become worse under him with better players. Not the sign of a good manager,

Edited by StefanAVFC

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that was 2013/14 they came 5th. last year they came 11th after spending a record fee on Lukaku

was 13/14 under martinez too? how long has he been there now.

I wish our seasons were as shitty as theirs lol

Â