dudevillaisnice

Probably as bad as Wigan ever were defensively atm.

When will they ship 9?

When Martinez took over I thought he would make the defence worse. Last season. I was made to eat my words but it certainly looks that it has got worse this yr. Be interesting to see if he can rebuild a defence once they all start to age.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Early days yet but I don't think they will challenging for 4th spot this season.  Barry, Piennar, Hibbert, all getting a bit old.

They'll struggle to get top half to be honest.

• Like 2

They miss Barkley a lot. Their midfield is too one paced and not dynamic enough without him,

They were also missing Coleman, Mirallas and McCarthy who are three important players and still pushed Man. United hard at the end. If we're playing the injury card, they certainly can.

• Like 1

I don't know what to make of Everton, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have expected to be 17th after six games.

do you think he'll start coming under pressure or is the media love in with him mean he'll be safe from them having a go.

They miss Barkley a lot. Their midfield is too one paced and not dynamic enough without him,

They were also missing Coleman, Mirallas and McCarthy who are three important players and still pushed Man. United hard at the end. If we're playing the injury card, they certainly can.

Consistancy in standards doesn't seem to apply for many Villa fans when it comes to judging other teams though I have found.

think europe will take it's toll as well.don't think lukaku will bag that many either and their defence-or lack of- will cost them as i don't see them as a free scoring team.

I think Europe will be a huge distraction. Unlike most manager's who rotate in Europe, I get the impression Martinez will prioritise cup competition and always field his best side.

still pretty sure Everton will finish top 7. Might slip to 8th if Southampton( or ourselves! ) have a really good season, but they've had a tough start with fixtures like us and have lost a key player to injury. Would be amazed if they were lower than 8th come the season's end.

Yeah, Everton will be fine. Obviously they were never going to match last season's position and points tally but they'll still comfortably make the top half at least.

They've not even been that bad in terms of performances. Four of the seven games have been against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United respectably. Palace was the only real terrible result. They look better defensively since Stones has partnered Jagielka at centre-back again also.

I'd back Everton to finish ahead of Spurs. Spurs are just so insipid at the moment. I know they're defensively sound but I just don't see them scoring enough goals to get enough wins whereas I expect Everton to improve in both

This a million times. Think some are being quite short sighted TBH. 

Consistancy in standards doesn't seem to apply for many Villa fans when it comes to judging other teams though I have found.

Oh god yeah. Benteke or Vlaar out = impossible to get results.

McCarthy, Barkley, Miralles and Coleman all out at the same time = god Everton are rubbish, Martinez out lol.

• Like 1

Oh god yeah. Benteke or Vlaar out = impossible to get results.

McCarthy, Barkley, Miralles and Coleman all out at the same time = god Everton are rubbish, Martinez out lol.

Nah it's not even that. Martinez has never been able to build a defense. His good guy persona means his deficiencies get masked. They've spent a tonne of money on what really?

Â