dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Dyche will probably keep them up. I think Bournmouth have more chance to go down than Everton to be honest.

Dyche will get them a completely boring but safe 14th.

Everton will be crying and giving it loads saying they should be playing like Brazil and finishing top 4

Sack Dyche and get Shauniero Diche in to play the 'Everton way' with the same bunch of cloggers 

All goes tits up and either go down or stay up by a point

Get in 'pragmatic' feller

Repeat

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Dyche will get them a completely boring but safe 14th.

Everton will be crying and giving it loads saying they should be playing like Brazil and finishing top 4

Sack Dyche and get Shauniero Diche in to play the 'Everton way' with the same bunch of cloggers 

All goes tits up and either go down or stay up by a point

Get in 'pragmatic' feller

Repeat

Until the increased revenue from the new stadium propelles them to 12th....

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2023 at 12:51, villa4europe said:

Until the increased revenue from the new stadium propelles them to 12th....

I actually think the new ground will hurt them a bit. Goodison is still an awkward place for plenty of away teams who don't fancy it if they go a goal behind (think Arsenal have lost their last four games there now) and their fans appealing for penalties constantly if someone sneezes on the halfway line.

New one will be more spacious and more corporate so will probably be like West Ham when they nearly got relegated a couple of times after moving into the Olympic stadium.

• Like 1

Looks like Ashley Young is joining them.

Their fans on Grand old team in mutiny but he did a solid job for us on both sides for most of last season so will walk into either full back position tbh given their regular starters are Coleman and Mykolenko.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Their fans on Grand old team in mutiny but he did a solid job for us on both sides for most of last season so will walk into either full back position tbh given their regular starters are Coleman and Mykolenko.

I’d read he was going Luton 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Good luck to him i have nothing but love for ash young. Should gwt a heroes welcome when he comes back

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Couldn’t find the Dele Alli thread so thought I’d put it here. If Everton were as supportive as he said, then fair play to them.

Story been doing the rounds for a long time, options always seemed to be Deli Alli, Ross Barkley or Grealish (less so Grealish since his mysterious injuries disappeared).

Think people forget just how good a player Dele looked and how good his numbers were as a young lad. A real shame. Hope he manages to turn it around, but could be too late at this point if he's done long-term damage to his body.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Story been doing the rounds for a long time, options always seemed to be Deli Alli, Ross Barkley or Grealish (less so Grealish since his mysterious injuries disappeared).

Think people forget just how good a player Dele looked and how good his numbers were as a young lad. A real shame. Hope he manages to turn it around, but could be too late at this point if he's done long-term damage to his body.

I feel for the lad and I hope he has access to the right support. However as a footballer finished completely although I always felt over rated 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I feel for the lad and I hope he has access to the right support. However as a footballer finished completely although I always felt over rated 

It's hard to say how good he actually could have been if he was never training properly and never fully fit mentally or physically. Sleeping pills absolutely ruin people.

Scoring 18 goals in a Premier League season, age 20, as an attacking mid, is a pretty impressive achievement. Can't think of many other players who've done similar.

Definitely a real top drawer player on raw ability, which is why Poch, Ferguson, Mourinho, etc all rated him. But I agree at 27 it will be hard to turn things around when he hasn't looked after himself for so long.

• Like 1

As someone who went through a gambling addiction a couple years back, I fully understand the emotions and feelings he has experienced and what it does to your mental health. Putting on a brave face, not facing up to the root of it all etc... while your literally crumbling at the seams.

He obviously had a very different upbringing to me, in terms of being abused, but the struggles he's had in recent years deffo rings true and he's very brave to come out and do this interview. 

The press in this country are vultures but that's another conversation for another day. 

I hope Dele can stay strong, use the network of support he has and hopefully recapture some of the talent he obviously has. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Couldn’t find the Dele Alli thread so thought I’d put it here. If Everton were as supportive as he said, then fair play to them.

I am routing for him to comeback and prove us all wrong but I dont think he will and the £10m payment clause to Spurs is killing him. They need to get Spurs to waive that shit

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I am routing for him to comeback and prove us all wrong but I dont think he will and the £10m payment clause to Spurs is killing him. They need to get Spurs to waive that shit

Levy wouldn't wave that clause even if it was for only £10, let alone £10m.

Â