dudevillaisnice

They can't keep doing this. They'll go down one of these years, as we know very well.

And I know we used to take the piss out of the "dark ages" comments wrt pitch invasions but I think I'm starting to revise my opinion on that after seeing some of the crazy Everton fans swarming some of the players and roughing them up. If 1000 people swarm the pitch the chances of some absolute head cases doing something stupid is dangerously high.

When you think of it like that, you'd rather it didn't happen for all but the most extraordinary circumstances. Besides, doing it for the second season running for surviving relegation should be embarrassing for Everton fans, no?

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They can't keep doing this. They'll go down one of these years, as we know very well.

And I know we used to take the piss out of the "dark ages" comments wrt pitch invasions but I think I'm starting to revise my opinion on that after seeing some of the crazy Everton fans swarming some of the players and roughing them up. If 1000 people swarm the pitch the chances of some absolute head cases doing something stupid is dangerously high.

When you think of it like that, you'd rather it didn't happen for all but the most extraordinary circumstances. Besides, doing it for the second season running for surviving relegation should be embarrassing for Everton fans, no?

When you look at the stats they should've gone down this year. Lost 10 games at home and they failed to score more than one goal in 18 of their 19 home games which is even worse than us in 15/16 as we scored two goals in three home games that year I think.

Only two away wins again like in 20/21.

Also had two transfer windows when they didn't sign any forward players of any quality with Maupay one of the flops of the season.

They got away with it big time this season. Should've sacked Lampard during the World cup break but they did at least give Dyche more time than Leeds and Leicester gave their managerial choices and that was enough in the end.

I actually think next year they'll be reasonably comfortable unless they get hit with transfer bans from the FFP investigation. Dyche showed for years he can get to 40-45 points reasonably comfortably and think they'll get extra 5-10% from last year of Goodison, pretty sure West Ham went on a long unbeaten run in their final season at Upton Park.

Nice position we're in where we'd need 2-3 shambolic transfer windows in a row and another Gerrard type managerial appointment to be in any danger of finishing below Everton in next few years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Sean Dyche looks like a bloke that never checks if the toilet is clean after he's had a shit 

I always get the feeling he uses baked beans as his aftershave for some reason. 😂

• Haha 3

They've can't keep doing it indeed. The club is a joke, off the pitch, the ownership, the recruitment, all of it.

...but they have Sean Dyche and he's a real one. They're so lucky to have him, he's a top man and a top manager who I've listened to a fair few times on long form interviews.

He will sort it out in the short term, the next 2 or 3 years , whatever it is he will keep them safe from a relegation battle of this magnitude and galvanise everyone.

It's up to the club to fix the circus off the pitch

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I'm assuming they are still in an FFP mess?, so won't be spending much, if anything again this summer?

Yep dyche pretty much said not much money knocking around and maybe a points deduction feels like they might have only kicked the relegation can down the road a bit although my gut feel is that Luton and sheff Utd will drop without causing to many problems so only 1 place up for grabs I reckon

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Yep dyche pretty much said not much money knocking around and maybe a points deduction feels like they might have only kicked the relegation can down the road a bit although my gut feel is that Luton and sheff Utd will drop without causing to many problems so only 1 place up for grabs I reckon

Bournemouth ended the season with four straight defeats and one goal so they look pretty obvious to decline a bit more in second season and go down I think.

Certainly a weaker set of teams coming up this year, I actually think Burnley will be o.k but plenty think their football under Kompany will get exposed.

Will be amusing next season when Burnley play Everton and Burnley are playing lovely passing triangles and Everton with their 200m squad are just lumping the ball up and hoping for Doucoure to smash in a flick on.

• Haha 1

A bunch of jammy bar stewards. I really  thought they had it this season. On paper it is a rubbish squad but Dyce managed to squeeze out a few 1 nil wins at Goodison to stay up. I think having a better defence than attack is the main help in staying up- Leeds and Leceister were so soft at the back this season.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Thick as pigshit. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

And a mouthy idiot on the pitch to boot. 

Grobbelaar reborn

Our luck ran out in April 2016, we had circled the drain for many years and i think the same thing is happening to them. They can prevent it and have a good manager who can deliver but everything seems so toxic there. As they stayed up the board will cling on, maybe if they were relegated there would have been wholesale change but that wont happen now

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

Our luck ran out in April 2016, we had circled the drain for many years and i think the same thing is happening to them. They can prevent it and have a good manager who can deliver but everything seems so toxic there. As they stayed up the board will cling on, maybe if they were relegated there would have been wholesale change but that wont happen now

If the owner has a brain he will just sacrifice Kenwright to appease the fans and appoint someone new to be the director of football or CEO or whatever. 

• Like 1

Â