dudevillaisnice

They're absolutely screwed if they go down - the cost of the projected stadium build is killing them as it is. They'll have less TV income, and don't have many sellable players as they're mostly either rubbish or on big contracts. They'd get decent money for Calvert-Lewin, Pickford and Gordon, and that might see them ok if they managed to come straight back up, but if they dont I can see them stuck there until/unless they get a NSWE style takeover

If they go down and come back up quickly (quicker than we did) it might not be a bad thing for them long term and certainly not fatal but yeah, if they went down and got stuck there for anything beyond 3 years you’d think that could be a huge issue for their long term sustainability.

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

They're absolutely screwed if they go down - the cost of the projected stadium build is killing them as it is. They'll have less TV income, and don't have many sellable players as they're mostly either rubbish or on big contracts. They'd get decent money for Calvert-Lewin, Pickford and Gordon, and that might see them ok if they managed to come straight back up, but if they dont I can see them stuck there until/unless they get a NSWE style takeover

Going to be a rough few years for them. I look at their squad and losing a couple of decent players will put them right back to the bare bones. Without Pickford, Gordon and DCL, they may struggle to get out of the championship. 

5 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Will they? Can they even afford to complete it down there? I heard all sorts of stuff like they’ll complete it but the bank will own it and they’ll just be tenants. Also the more outlandish stuff like Liverpool will pick it up and move there from anfield.

Apart from the fact that they building a new stand, and Everton's ground will be about 10,000 smaller.

15 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Edit - just to further highlight it, Southampton’s record since the end of October played 8, won 1, lost 7. No prizes for guessing who they picked up the win from.

Was it Villa?

Oh wait, no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Going to be a rough few years for them. I look at their squad and losing a couple of decent players will put them right back to the bare bones. Without Pickford, Gordon and DCL, they may struggle to get out of the championship. 

Maybe but you look at Newcastle in 2016. Lost likes of Sissoko and Winijaldum but they still had the crowds and financial pull down there to sign proven players like Dwight Gayle, Matt Ritchie, Lascelles etc and that formed the backbone to get them back up. 

Same as we could afford likes of Jedinak, Kodj, Chester etc. Ellis Simms had a good scoring record at Sunderland so might aswell give him a proper shot upfront soon just to get him ready for next season. Never know he might actually be better than Calvert Lewin up there.

21 hours ago, Mantis said:

Wait they've only gotten 1 point since Emery took over? That is mad.

I still wouldn't be surprised though if they beat Arsenal. They are very jammy.

Christ, I wonder where the hell they would be if they weren't so lucky? 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't know who they go for if Lampard is sacked. Club looks doomed. Been circling the drain for too long now. Club needs a reset like we did when we went down. 

Time to roll up wor sleeves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â