dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am always slightly bemused by the adoration Duncan Ferguson gets at Goodison. If you look at his record at Everton it was largely underwhelming and he was in sides that often struggled to stay up. Considering how many actual great players they have had over the years it seems odd that he seem as a club legend. It would be like Alan Hutton being twice caretaker manager of Villa.

He's an Everton legend because he always gave his all, was a big drinker and twice beat up burglars that entered his house (basically the club hard man)

Plus they've hardly had much to crow about in the last quarter of a century

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

He's an Everton legend because he always gave his all, was a big drinker and twice beat up burglars that entered his house (basically the club hard man)

Plus they've hardly had much to crow about in the last quarter of a century

He would have his own religion in small heath!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am always slightly bemused by the adoration Duncan Ferguson gets at Goodison. If you look at his record at Everton it was largely underwhelming and he was in sides that often struggled to stay up. Considering how many actual great players they have had over the years it seems odd that he seem as a club legend. It would be like Alan Hutton being twice caretaker manager of Villa.

Yes strange one, maybe the style of footballer he was

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I think its great seeing it from the other side now. We’ve been through worse turmoil and the pain and suffering it causes as a fan hurts like no other. They’re turning nasty, staging protests, kicking off with each other while we’re flying Brazilian flags, doing the samba dancing around the stadium. Our fans are happy people now, our house is finally in order, and thats all that matters to me.

Yes and the owner has spent millions and is building a state of the art stadium, in order to get them angry.

You might as well hire Neil Warnock and spend no money and you would get the same result.

Duncan Ferguson is the archetypal cult hero character. He played at 100% every game, in that hard man fashion that fans love, he played most of his career at a single club and off the pitch has near legendary exploits - as Bicks said he battered a burglar, and iirc he is only footballer to have been imprisoned for assault on the pitch during a game. Any club with that kind of character is going to put them in the legends category, even if on the pitch they didn't set the world alight. 

Yeah there was some photos I think in my football WhatsApp group from 3 or 4 of the locals around the ground where he'd put money behind the bar Saturday morning and told them first drink is on me 

Its easy stuff but fans will lap that up all day long

They lost, didn't play well but you can't say that they didn't give it their all which from our own time being shit we know that's not a given, personally I think that will be enough to see them through to the summer when they can plan it all properly... But they won't 

Pure cringe, you love to see it :)

Unlike many of you I don't have any Everton fan friends and I really dont give a toss about them as a club. They are a poor mans  West Ham as far as I am concerned. Hopefully they go down. They have a vrey good squad so the less compettion for us in the Pl the better.

Keep spreading the poison toffees fans! It can only be a good thing for the rest of us!

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Unlike many of you I don't have any Everton fan friends and I really dont give a toss about them as a club. They are a poor mans  West Ham as far as I am concerned. Hopefully they go down. They have a vrey good squad so the less compettion for us in the Pl the better.

Keep spreading the poison toffees fans! It can only be a good thing for the rest of us!

Image result for shake head gif

Sorry Ned but Everton never have or never will be a poor mans West Ham, Watford are a poor mans West Ham.

That said hope they and all the bottom 6 somehow go down.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Image result for shake head gif

Sorry Ned but Everton never have or never will be a poor mans West Ham, Watford are a poor mans West Ham.

That said hope they and all the bottom 6 somehow go down.

Fair enough they are not big enough to be similar to West Ham and that spot is taken. Poor mans Newcastle? 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

They definitely dont have a good squad. Years and Years of bad management 

Doesn't Moshiri own the club. How do you sack the board 🤔

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They definitely dont have a good squad. Years and Years of bad management 

Doesn't Moshiri own the club. How do you sack the board 🤔

Fair, but it is also not far off last seasons squad that started under Ancelotti and was the sweetheart of the media. I remember everyone gushing over them.

They certainly have a better squad than the likes of Brighton etc.

I would regard at least these as very good players.

Pickford
Yerri Mina
Calvert Lewin
Allan
Richarlison

None of their players (except Delph, who is Delph) have disrespected Everton like some of our dross did when we went down (I am looking right at you Lescott & Richards).

They lost a world class manager and made a bad appointment as his successor is the problem. IMHO. 

My sympathy is very little, we were starved for funds for two years before we got into a state, they have had a ton of money pumped into them.

I know "Please make a sensible head coach decision" is less pithy than "sack the board" but it would be a lot more helpful imho.

Â