Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Be surprised if either of them had any inclination to play again under Lambert after the way they were treated, although I don't know what happened behind the scenes and if he had much or any choice in the whole "bomb squad". But would be happy to have them both in contention, if they prove they are up to the task, as our squad is so poor we could do with any help we can get.

Why do people slam Bent so much? I really don't believe he deserves the criticism he's given.

Hang on though this is Villa Talk....

Be surprised if either of them had any inclination to play again under Lambert after the way they were treated, although I don't know what happened behind the scenes and if he had much or any choice in the whole "bomb squad". But would be happy to have them both in contention, if they prove they are up to the task, as our squad is so poor we could do with any help we can get.

The thing is, Lambert always said that he and the players had no problems, I'm guessing they knew that it wasn't down to him. Doubt they have any qualms with him personally.

With Bent I guess we could give him his number 9 shirt back along with a kick up the arse, I am doubtful he'll perform well though.

Edited by samjp26

The thing is, Lambert always said that he and the players had no problems, I'm guessing they knew that it wasn't down to him. Doubt they have any qualms with him personally.

What Lambert says and what is actually the case are two different things though. When Hutton spoke about it a few months ago, he sounded pretty bitter and rightly so.

Take 20 mil striker

Make him captain then remove that and drop him almost immediately for a kid from Chesterfield

Loan him out

Now tell him he welcome to return to first team ..

• Like 1

I'm sorry but not using Darren to his strengths has cost us.

I see it as lambert doesn't really use wingers. Which means limited service IMO (unless you have a good CAM) so means his goals will dry up.

He's not what he was. He is a better striker than Bowery or anything on that level.

Hutton is a better defender than Bacuna too.

Might also mean Charles is back in the frame. Say what you want but these 3 'bomb squad' members would of got us a few more points than some of the gash players we played last season. Just saying.

Welcome back Bent.... he should have been on the bench all last season. Tell me he wouldn't have scored 6+ goals and made our life a little easier.

Edited by Texas_Mike

It was Lerner's call according to Dave Armitage:BoHdTj1IQAAx3EW.jpg

Along with Hutton and Given too. Weird.

It's all very confusing isn't it? I've given up trying to interpret the goings on at the club.

It was Lerner's call according to Dave Armitage:BoHdTj1IQAAx3EW.jpg

Along with Hutton and Given too. Weird.

It's all very confusing isn't it? I've given up trying to interpret the goings on at the club.

I agree, it just doesn't add up. "Hey Paul, remember, get rid of Darren and them guys okay?"..

1 year later..

"Hey Paul, remember that guy Darren?.."

I'd say it was more "Randy, we need a right back, a left back, a centre back, a midfielder and a forward". "Fair enough Paul, you'll be restricted to free transfers and loans for the left back, centre back and midfielder. Bring back the Scottish fellow for the right back spot and Darren for the forward. Problem half solved and we've not spent a penny."

Â