Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Fair play to Bent he could have easily thrown a wobbly this season but he's kept his mouth shut.

Let's just hope when he gets his transfer he doesn't decide to do an 'exclusive interview' and trash the club.

Once they are gone they are gone. I doubt many players give a damn once they have left their former club and I for one will not lose any sleep if Bent does us over in the Press. But to be fair I don't think he will. He kept relatively stum when he left Sunderland.

Bent has never done anyone over in the press. His goal is to be in the England Squad for Brazil next summer. He'll not win any bonus points with England manager if he came out with some trash talk about not playing. 

He's a nice chap and it's unfortunate circumstances he is out of the team. 4-3-3 formation doesn't suit him. 

Cardiff being linked

Cardiff Prepare Triple Summer Swoop

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 in FeaturesMain Features | 0 comments

darren-bent_2355770b-e1371202085826.jpg

Newly promoted Cardiff City are plotting an audacious treble summer spree of signings to completely revamp their strike force to ensure enough firepower to establish themselves in the Premier League.

Manager Malky Mackay has identified guaranteed goals as his transfer priority this window and is rigorously pursuing his two top targets…with a third that can exclusively be revealed by the Cutter today.

While the Bluebirds battle with fellow top flight new-boys Crystal Palace for Blackpool’s exciting winger Thomas Ince and are reportedly lining up a £3m bid for West Brom pariah Peter Odemwingie we understand the Welsh outfit have also joined the chase for Villa misfit Darren Bent, a move that would defiantly signal the club’s ambitious intent.

The 29 year old England hit man has an impressive proven record with 115 goals in 244 Premier League games but has fallen dramatically out of favour at Villa Park with boss Paul Lambert patently not rating his all-round attributes. Such is the slump in his stock that the claret and blues are prepared to take a huge hit on their initial £18m outlay meaning one of the best poachers around is available for a knockdown £6m for any potential suitors. While Newcastle have declared their interest they have since cooled after being put off by the player’s reluctance to lower his £65,000 a week wages. However Bent is determined to kickstart a stalled career and revive a flagging reputation and with Mackay presently tied up with securing an experienced centre back (believed to be the Magpie’s Mike Williamson) and the aforementioned duo he is content to play the waiting game.

Should no flurry of firm offers come Bent’s way the thinking is that the player will cede to a lowering of his pay demands to a bracket that accommodates both Cardiff and another interested party Fulham.

It is set to be an exciting year for supporters in South Wales and with the prospect of Odemwingie, young flyer Ince, and Bent joining the striking ranks alongside Bellamy and Campbell, it could yet be an ever more tantalising one.

Fair play to Bent he could have easily thrown a wobbly this season but he's kept his mouth shut.

More people wanting to praise him for behaving like any decent human being would do on 70k every 4/5 years - not 70k a week. I really do despair. He did nothing last season to deserve any credit. 

More people wanting to praise him for behaving like any decent human being would do on 70k every 4/5 years - not 70k a week. I really do despair. He did nothing last season to deserve any credit.

He did nothing last season to deserve abuse and people are pointing that out.

There is no need for you to jump in with negativity.

Valid point but he didnt chose to be on 70k a week! We offered that in the past. If you were paid 70k a week but sat on the bench would you dispute that??

Agree with earlier posts, the guy has acted professionally and when given the chance done the business! Would be a great addition to most teams and unfortunate that Benteke came in and did the business from the start!

This. Although I thought his comments post West Brom were a bit unsavoury, though I understood his frustration. He didn't realise either quite how good Benteke was.

Like it or not the manager got this one absolutely spot on. Bent has been decent about it, nice little bidding war and we send him off with our thanks and our regards.

be nice if Cardiff, Newcastle and Fulham could have a little bidding war.

Yeah I imagine it would go a bit like this, Newcastle 4,000,000, Fulham 4,000,001, Cardiff 4,000,002, Newcastle 4,000,003 and on and on until Aug 31st! lol

Oh the excitement, tbh 4-6m is a joke he is far better than that.

Lambert is waiting to see if Benteke will accept the new contract that has been offered. Benteke's agent is demanding more money saying that other "big club" teams would pay him triple the wages he is currently on. Bent is in limbo because of the Benteke situation right now. When Benteke agrees to the new contract, Lambert will sell Bent likely to Cardiff. If the Benteke negations beak down, Lambert will want to keep Bent on for at least another season because he doesn't want to be left without a proven striker at the club. 

• Like 1

Alan Oliver in "The People" writes today that "Darren Bent could soon become a Newcastle United player - but only if he and Aston Villa lower their demands". He claims they "want Bent but won't pay the £6m fee" and Bent "will have to lower his demands of a 4 year deal on £75,000 a week". Is Alan Oliver Pardew? If they will not pay the fee then they do not get the player. Who do they think they are? It is a lot like us saying Messi could soon become a Villa player but only if Barca take £8m for him and he will play for £40,000 a week.....     

There is absolutely no negativity in my post. I have not abused him and never have.

I am just merely pointing out that he does not deserve the credit that so many have giving him over the past few months for acting professional. Its the bare minimum requirement in any job.

I should think this is the kind of deal that will go on until very late in the window, two fairly close rivals (plus others possibly) trying to negotiate and a player who is on high wages.  I'm glad Randy has sanctioned some deals early on rather than having to wait for the funds from this to come in and then rushing at the last minute.

Â