Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

or that when holman came off and nzogbia came on we scored 3 which they didnt do before he came on.

It's the Darren Bent thread. :thumb:

So is that 49 games now?

By the logic of the many that's the last time we'll ever see him, right?

I think it's based on 'League Appearances'.

So is that 49 games now?

By the logic of the many that's the last time we'll ever see him, right?

Hmm I think it proves its nonsense. You only have 1 more match to play him before fronting up Sunderland a few million, you use it in the League cup?

Nah you keep it in the emergency locker, just in case

Totally not what I have said but anyway.

First of all, how many times have I used words like 'thats not necessarily Darren's fault'? Quite a lot actually. So no, I dont blame the entire teams performance on him. What I do, do is point out that the success of the team is unaffected by Bents absence.

Secondly. No its not correct to judge goalkeepers on clean sheets and strikers purely on goals. However, Darren Bent leaves me no option but to do that with him, as he doesnt do anything else. He doesnt hold the ball up, he doesnt create chances, he doesn't track back, he doesn't bring players into play. He doesnt do anything. And thats why hes not been in the team simple as. And as for your pedantic attitude regards me saying hes a 20m pound signing (which he is and more no doubt), is he worth 18m? Haha, do me a favour. £15m player - nope! £12m max hes worth in a team that can use his limited game consistently. We cant.

shows how blinded by hate towards him you are that you are, blind at everything he does well and only cant ignore the goals because they are in black and white.

he constantly makes runs which in turn opens space bringing other team mates into play, he plays on the shoulder of the last defender, making the entire back line work rather than just all stand there

maybe you need to pay a little more attention to players movement off the ball, if you did you wouldnt keep coming up with this rubbish that he does nothing.

and you have said several times he cost £24 million, not just £20 million, a huge difference, why not use the facts rather than your made up numbers?

and you also ask "is he worth £18 million?"

well he obviously was because thats what we paid for him

and you also ask "is he worth £18 million?"

well he obviously was because thats what we paid for him

Oh right, fair enough. You win. My mistake.

Seriously though, what are you talking about?

The transfer fee was 24m. I usually throw 20m in the mix for pedantic people who are still clutching to the arguement that we only initially paid 18m.

Newcastle found a better striker for free, Everton found a better one for 7m, we found one for 6/7m. Christ even RVP was a similar price to Bent. Get over it, he really isnt that good and thats why hes not in the team.

Oh right, fair enough. You win. My mistake.

Seriously though, what are you talking about?

The transfer fee was 24m. I usually throw 20m in the mix for pedantic people who are still clutching to the arguement that we only initially paid 18m.

Newcastle found a better striker for free, Everton found a better one for 7m, we found one for 6/7m. Christ even RVP was a similar price to Bent. Get over it, he really isnt that good and thats why hes not in the team.

Who did Everton find for £7m and is better than Darren Bent?

Look at the result we just got with Bent starting!

LMFAO at this post, went off injured at 1-1, missed a one on one and didn't have anything to do with Holman's equalizer. Rather see Benteke and Weimann up front in a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 formation. Though do think Gabby's pace is always helpful against slow full-backs

LMFAO at this post, went off injured at 1-1, missed a one on one and didn't have anything to do with Holman's equalizer. Rather see Benteke and Weimann up front in a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 formation. Though do think Gabby's pace is always helpful against slow full-backs

I think you missed the joke.

No it is only down to Premier League Appearances. Which he is currently on 48.

If it was all competitions it would be at 53 by now and is not the case.

IMO there is just enough room/time for Bent to come back from this latest injury and be fit to make his final one last appearance right before January and hit game 49.

I feel he will be starting this game to perhaps be taken off 60-70th minute to have his chance to say goodbye to the fans & fans to him etc. I am predicting this will happen when we are at home - Probs against Wigan Ath in the last Dec game maybe which would allow no more time to reach his game 50 before he is sold in January if a deal is already in place?

One little interesting thing to note that right at the start of this whole Bentgate scenario a couple of months ago that he, Bent come out declaring on twitter or somewhere that he is 'super fit' and ready to go?

- Yet has picked up 2 injuries in less than 8 weeks and perhaps helping in delaying any process of reaching game 50 before January! :suspect:

If you ask me I wouldn't be suprised if everyone is in on the act on this.

No it is only down to Premier League Appearances. Which he is currently on 48.

If it was all competitions it would be at 53 by now and is not the case.

IMO there is just enough room/time for Bent to come back from this latest injury and be fit to make his final one last appearance right before January and hit game 49.

I feel he will be starting this game to perhaps be taken off 60-70th minute to have his chance to say goodbye to the fans & fans to him etc. I am predicting this will happen when we are at home - Probs against Wigan Ath in the last Dec game maybe which would allow no more time to reach his game 50 before he is sold in January if a deal is already in place?

One little interesting thing to note that right at the start of this whole Bentgate scenario a couple of months ago that he, Bent come out declaring on twitter or somewhere that he is 'super fit' and ready to go?

- Yet has picked up 2 injuries in less than 8 weeks and perhaps helping in delaying any process of reaching game 50 before January! :suspect:

If you ask me I wouldn't be suprised if everyone is in on the act on this.

It's a bit over the top to think he might have gone off "injured" as part of a cover up!

very strange? the published transfer fee was £18 million rising to £24 IF various conditions were met in his time at the club

so you are saying all of those conditions have been met and we have paid up the full £24 million?

can you please show the proof that firstly what the conditions were , secondly that he has met those conditions and thirdly that we have paid £24 million in total for bent?

if not i guess you will have to go back to the actual fact we paid £18 million

Â