Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Pitty about Darren Bent, seems like Lambert has something against him (which we will never know unfortunately).

We don't score goals in the league and he is still our topscorer, albeit together with Benteke and Weimann. I have grown to like Benteke a whole lot, he is raw but he has that extreme promise over him. He wins headers and Bent can divert the other defenders - we should play both!

If fit he needs to feature against reading. it is a must win game

Which I think is why he shouldn't start. Benteke, Gabby and Weimann have looked good - which of them would you drop?

Bent isn't capable of playing the wide role that Gabby and Weimann are doing so it's a straight choice between Benteke and Bent - in our system, Bent isn't a good enough fit to start games.

Everyone seems to be looking for a conspiracy, but the truth is there are three jobs in our front line and Bent isn't best at any of them.

He should be on the bench mind you, and I think there's probably a less football and more person reason in him not being there, but in terms of a start I'm happy with him to start games on a wooden seat.

To include Bent we'll have to change back to that 4-4-2 diamond formation which just didn't work. Whilst Bent can play up front on his own, i'd much rather Benteke. Benteke will bring everyone else into the game, whereas Bent will just wait for something to fall for him. We can't afford that luxury at the minute i'm afraid. If we had really creative wingers (Young & Downing) who would create chances for him left, right and center then yeah, give Bent a go... but we don't.

We're in a Catch 22 situation and it's up to the manager to sort it out. We've got a striker who we can't afford to play because if he doesn't score then he does f'all.

At the same time, we've got a front three who will graft all day, but who've scored five league goals between them from a combined total of almost thirty appearances.

So we are lacking goals and not playing our most prolific goalscorer.

So you'd drop Benteke?

Either that or change the system, try and build the entire team around Darren Bent? A man who has shown absolutely no desire to play for this club in a very long time.

Nah, not for me.

Â