Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Is he back at the club for preseason training??

The OS has posted a few pics from the first day back but couldn't see him anywhere (then again, the pics mainly focused on the newboys!)

If he's not back, is his move imminent?

Yeah I noticed this. He would've been there today, unless like you said, a move is imminent. So I reckon we'll be hearing outgoing news on Bent at some point in the week.

May have...I watched the AVTV feature as well on the first day back and didn't notice him at any point in there. Even if a move is not completely imminent, I reckon Lambert will have said he doesn't have to train just to ensure no injuries that could jeopardise a move. 

Agreed 'Electric Avenue' and where ever he does go he will score a bucket load of goals in the right system and probably one or two against us as well.

If Bent went to a team that created bucket loads of chances, he could score 15 to 20 goals for the next season or two. Thing is those teams good enough to create bucket loads of chances want a better player capable of converting 30 chances, not 15 to 20.

I think Bent's prime time has past. A 30 year old Bent could be decent for a middling club willing to play exactly the way Bent needs to get himself 15+ goals/season, but at what compromise to the effectiveness of the rest of their team?

I've seen good players leave us and I've almost dreaded them playing against us, only for them to have a 'mare. I've seen poor players leave us only for them to play well against us. Sod's law shouldn't dictate Bent's possible sale.

• Like 1

Daz Boot: Darren Bent asked to train away from the first team squad and could miss #avfc tour to Germany

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-update-darren-4829592

I don't really know if this is good news or bad news. I'd like Bent to be sold. But surely this kinda sends out the wrong impression about his personality to other clubs? I mean... is he incapable of training with the first team without being a distraction to everyone? 

Edited by PieFacE

Daz Boot: Darren Bent asked to train away from the first team squad and could miss #avfc tour to Germany

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-update-darren-4829592

I don't really know if this is good news or bad news. I'd like Bent to be sold. But surely this kinda sends out the wrong impression about his personality to other clubs? I mean... is he incapable of training with the first team without being a distraction to everyone? 

It's just news.

Pre-season training is going to be about planning for the season ahead. Bent, Ireland, Hutton aren't going to be in the team in the season ahead so there's not much point them being with the first team squad.

Newcastle Chronicle reporting that Newcastle United given the green light to bid for Darren Bent

When reading the article it's just taking what the Evening Mail has reported and twisted to their approach (i.e. positive approach),the difficulties of being a journalist.

Edited by juanpabloingram

I think it sends out a pretty bad message about the club. Seems a bit vindictive when Bent hasn't done any obvious wrong apart from not be liked by the manager.

I'm getting a bit tired of supporting a club that makes a habit of casting players into the wilderness that it spent shitloads of money on in the first place. It's embarrassing and I can't think of any other premier league club that does this as frequently as we do.

• Like 1

Embarrassing? Is it? Personally, I'm not embarrassed by it. In fact I'm not even the tiniest bit surprised by the news. It's not the club announcing a press release saying "by the way Bent will be training with the reserves".

Also you say obvious wrong, yes that's true. Possibly Bent could well have done something or shown disrespect behind closed doors to a teammate or to Lambert. Lambert has his reasons. We don't want Bent, Bent doesn't want to stay, end of.

• Like 1

Thats not right. Darren has served us well. Just because he doesnt fit in with Lamberts system there is no reason to shut the lad out*

*unless there is something I dont know going on.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

I think it's designed to make sure Bent is willing to negotiate a pay cut with whoever comes in for him. There is no I'll just stay at Villa and collect my current salary. You either find a new club or you don't play.

This is Bent's last chance to pay at a world cup at the end of this season. If he wants to go-assuming England make it-he will have to move.

Not saying is the decent way to treat him though.

Â