James Collins

AngelGabriel

i dont think he's even a mid table player, im borderline saying he's **** useless and is becoming a major problem with how we bad we are at keeping the ball, you can argue he has nothing in front of him so he goes long but thats a poor excuse, id rather him and dunne strung 60 passes between themselves together than him putting it out for a throw 60 yards down the pitch

He has actually started pretty well this season and not like the nightmare we kept seeing last year; if only his Hollywood balls were less utilised or he (tried) switching the play a little more.

Less worried about the back, feel we have cover for now, its the full backs that give me shivers....Warnock made some good challenges against the Magpies.

So watching him against QPR was painful. Everytime he got the ball in the first half he immediately went long, he didn't even look for a short option first. Add to that some terrible defending to let QPR score and he really had a poor game.

He must be really good as those long passes in training, as he's clearly given license to try them whenever he likes during matches. Especially hate seeing them when Heskey isn't in the team, thumping the ball to Gabby or to the wings is often the the poorer option when he has short balls available.

Really disagree with the Collins critics. You may call it hoof, lump, or whatever. MON liked him there, Mac liked him there, Hou liked him there Eck likes him there. They are all professional managers with experience and success (whatever you think of any of them). I think I'm safe voting with them.

He's aggressive, he's fearless, he offers a lot going forward, despite what some here claim, he is extremely accurate with his long ball. (hence why so many managers give him license to do it).

I know it's not popular to think he's good right now. But like I said, lots of professional managers agree with me.

He's aggressive, he's fearless, he offers a lot going forward, despite what some here claim, he is extremely accurate with his long ball. (hence why so many managers give him license to do it).

And I would readily agree with them.

However, he is drawn to the ball and away from his man way too easily. His positional play is awful, he is easily turned and he resorts to hollywood style blocks to cover himself.

There is a reason why West Ham got rid - he's not really all that good.

Really disagree with the Collins critics. You may call it hoof, lump, or whatever. MON liked him there, Mac liked him there, Hou liked him there Eck likes him there. They are all professional managers with experience and success (whatever you think of any of them). I think I'm safe voting with them.

I know it's not popular to think he's good right now. But like I said, lots of professional managers agree with me.

well imo defensively he hasn't been as good as he was his first season, he has been making more errors and being caught out in bad positions. That being said he isn't bad just that we know he can do better.

As for his long balls I have no problem with him using it but when our front 3 is Gabby, Nzog and Bannan the long ball just isn't on anywhere near as often as he was trying. In the second half against QPR he barely went for a long pass and as a result we kept the ball better.

Managers dont love Collins at all. He is picked because of Dunne, they are inseperable as a duo..If you drop a fit Collins for Cuellar, then Mr.Dunne will have something to say about it.

If Collins is that good and managers all love him, why does he struggle to get into the Welsh 1st XI?

Â