James Collins

AngelGabriel

Dunne is a good defender, he always has been and I think we will see the best of him next season. On the other hand I simply don't rate Collins, there's no consistency about him, he's either brilliant or dreadful and often it's the latter. The guy is full of heart and is brilliant in the air but he doesn't have a footballers brain. It drives me mad the amount of times he's out of position.

I think he's a good player. People were raving about him for the first few months he was here claiming he was an absolute bargain, similarly with Dunne. I can't see any reason why he can't play like that again, he's coming in to his prime and had an excellent game against Blackburn.

I think Collins is immense in some games, but not so good in others. Doesn't do zonal marking.

Him & Dunne look to be improving under AM. Hope this continues.

Only leaves No 4, No 8 to fill now then doesn't it?

Dunne has carried Collins since he has came to the club and made him look decent at times.

I wouldnt question his commitment but positioning is woeful. Watch him for Wales without Dunne adn he looks like League 2 defender at best

dont rate him at all, other that a purple patch when he signed he has been poor and a liability...

poor reading of the game, slow, cumbersome, and shockingly poor in the air at times considering thats meant to be his strength...

i will be seriously annoyed when Cuellar goes and this useless strip of ginger piss is still in the starting 11...

its scary the amount of player threads we have going on VT right now mostly full of pages and pages of posts of "dont rate him"

I tend to agree with the sentiment on this one, Collins can be a beast an his day. However he overcommits way too often, leaving the rest of the defense seriously exposed. Also agree that his long passes out of the back tend to be very disappointing and he tries these way too often.

its scary the amount of player threads we have going on VT right now mostly full of pages and pages of posts of "dont rate him"

True. I almost regret reviving this topic so as to tell people about his new squad number. He was busy minding his own business on page 4 of the forum. Now he's back being slated again. Ho hum.

Â