James Collins

AngelGabriel

Enough for me too. Clarks good enough to command a regular place and he won't make anywhere near as many unnecessary errors during a game.

No question the guy will sweat blood for you every match, but the time is long overdue.

+ Handy to have when teams have corners.

- Always running forward to the halfway line, to win a tackle. He misses 90% and leaves Dunne as the lone defender.

- Gets turned easily by attacking players.

- Clumsy in the tackle

- Brings players down on the edge of the area too often

- hot headed

- long ball, all the time

I think that height for set pieces is his only saving grace. We are badly missing some height in our team which is why I would have liked a big tall DM to sit in front of the back four, and provide extra defensive and attacking quality from set plays. Last season we struggled badly at set plays against teams who were well drilled. If the opposition could lure Heskey/Dunne or Collins away from the intended target, we were in trouble.

DodgyKnees sums Collins up very well. He is an old school defender who is now becoming less useful as a defender in the Premier League. He would definitly be one on my "To replace list". I only hope the talk of a contract extension is to keep him keen until the summer, then I'd ship him out. We need someone who is a good defender, but can help build attacks from the back by being comfortable on the ball with good passing.

Clark is almost as tall as Collins!

And almost as strong as Ireland and almost as quick as Petrov

There is no doubting Clarks technichal ability, he is so assured on the ball its great to see, but whilst I exaggerate above, his strength and pace is a worry and I just dont see how he'd make it in the prem. Spain or France might be his way forward.

As for Collins he puts in some great blocks and headers but when he is turning and running with the forward towards the goal, dear oh dear.

Clark and Dunne both play on the left side of CB, if anyone is to come in for him, it should be Cuellar.

FWIW, I dont think he's played badly at all. He made one mistake against QPR, which cost us at the death, but when you consider the amount of pressure our defense gets put under, I dont think he's given a bad account of himself at all this season.

Clark and Dunne both play on the left side of CB, if anyone is to come in for him, it should be Cuellar.

thats because Dunne is seen as the better player of the two so goes in to the position which is less natural. If Clark were to come in Dunne would move to the right and it would be far more balanced.

thats because Dunne is seen as the better player of the two so goes in to the position which is less natural. If Clark were to come in Dunne would move to the right and it would be far more balanced.

Not convinced.

Was poor in that position against Newcastle last year. I think his strongest position has always been on the left side, like Terry at Chelsea.

Not convinced.

Was poor in that position against Newcastle last year. I think his strongest position has always been on the left side, like Terry at Chelsea.

Fair enough but his best game also came on the right, against Russia the other week.

I'd rather have that natural balance as well.

Â