James Collins

AngelGabriel

Aston Villa hope to offload James Collins to Sunderland when they bring in fellow defender Ron Vlaar.

Villa are closing in on the signature of Feyenoord centre-back Vlaar, but while the 27-year-old has a buy-out clause, new boss Paul Lambert still has to balance the books.

Ahhhh...

So it is still "sell to buy".

If we've got to raise enough cash from the sale of Collins to afford Vlaar, I guess we can write that transfer off. :(

Very doubtful about Sunderland, I hope for QPR or West Ham to come in for him. Sunderland have Turner, Cuellar, Brown, O'Shea and Bramble, so he already has 5 CB's to compete for two places.

3 places, you're forgetting that all Mon centre backs are also right backs ;)

I actually quite like Big Red, seems I'm in a minority

And me. I've never really had a problem with him. He's not amazing, but I certainly don't think he's as bad as everyone seems to make out

See ya James.

Don't let the door (bounce before you totally lose the flight of it in the air then desperately try to get a head on it / swing a boot at it hence causing more defensive chaos) hit you on your arse on your way out.

Aston Villa hope to offload James Collins to Sunderland when they bring in fellow defender Ron Vlaar.

Villa are closing in on the signature of Feyenoord centre-back Vlaar, but while the 27-year-old has a buy-out clause, new boss Paul Lambert still has to balance the books.

Ahhhh...

So it is still "sell to buy".

If we've got to raise enough cash from the sale of Collins to afford Vlaar, I guess we can write that transfer off. :(

There's no evidence of that whatsoever, more made up nonsense. Its obvious that some players have to go and I think Collins was at the top or very close to it in most supporters lists, why should PL be any different. If he wants to change the culture at the club then Collins has to be got rid of, he's been involved in nearly every off field scrape this club has had since he's been here. After repeated warnings there he was again during the Chris Herd nightclub incident.

I just think PL will have been informed of the players he needs to move on to maintain order and Collins would have been very near the top of that list

See ya James.

Don't let the door (bounce before you totally lose the flight of it in the air then desperately try to get a head on it / swing a boot at it hence causing more defensive chaos) hit you on your arse on your way out.

You think hes on his way?

There's no evidence of that whatsoever, more made up nonsense. Its obvious that some players have to go and I think Collins was at the top or very close to it in most supporters lists, why should PL be any different. If he wants to change the culture at the club then Collins has to be got rid of, he's been involved in nearly every off field scrape this club has had since he's been here. After repeated warnings there he was again during the Chris Herd nightclub incident.

I just think PL will have been informed of the players he needs to move on to maintain order and Collins would have been very near the top of that list

I think there's still a degree of book balancing required in terms of wages, so I would imagine if we're prepared to offer Vlaar a decent package it would mean one of our current relatively high earners would need to go, Collins would be the most profitable sale at this point so it makes sense it would be him.

See ya James.

You think hes on his way?

Don't know if anything is done and dusted but I'm pretty sure he won't be here come 1st September..

Please let this happen although I dislike this hoof ball player I will save the real cheers for Warnock and Hutton departures.

If only the other lump Dunne could go as well it would be a perfect summer, useless tosser the lot.

Also if Given keeps playing like Dracula he can **** off as well however that's just my opinion and it's Paul Lamberts that counts.

his best games for Villa always seemed to be against sha. I remember his debut i thought he was a snip with Warnock. also sure eh won Man of the Match in our last ever encounter with them :P

Â