James Collins

AngelGabriel

Both Dunne and Collins are not good enough and are paid too much, we can't keep affording to pay wages for players in their 30's if we are all about wage reduction like Lerner wants. We need to change targets to players who are 20-24 and only reward players like Wenger does with 1 year contracts when they hit 30.

I think Collins has really stepped up since his senior partners have got injured. I would keep him at the end of the season as he is always useful to have against teams like Stoke who launch the ball into the box.

No great fan of Collins but he has been superb in the last month.

Agree,

His performances the last month have been great, really leading by example with our young lads. I'm in favour of keeping him with his change of artitude.

Sell Dunne, sign up Cuellar. Clark and Baker in support.

performances have been good but doesn't merit a new contract as some people have perhaps suggested, I think we should look for defenders who are comfortable with the ball to their feet and who can perhaps play from the back.. one can dream.

Um, well I posted a few days back saying he's been great recently but I definitely think he could have done more for Stoke's goal yesterday. People have said Huth held him down, but he was only able to because Collins was too slow in challenging for that ball. Huth was well up in the air by the time Collins realised he had to do something but it was too late, so when he felt Huth's hands he tried to claim the foul but it was all very weak.

Um, well I posted a few days back saying he's been great recently but I definitely think he could have done more for Stoke's goal yesterday. People have said Huth held him down, but he was only able to because Collins was too slow in challenging for that ball. Huth was well up in the air by the time Collins realised he had to do something but it was too late, so when he felt Huth's hands he tried to claim the foul but it was all very weak.

I blame Garnder for Stokes goal, there was no need to give a free kick in that position.

It wasn't a **** free kick, as everyone in the ground except the officials saw. it was Jermaine 'word removed' Pennant diving against us AGAIN and getting a FK which they scored from.

Yep agree with all of that - Collins has been outstanding since Dunne has been injured. Not sure why but it seems to be the case

Because Dunne is a liability as I've been saying for over 12 months.

He has been the biggest (literally at times) problem in our side since the departure of O'Neill and perhaps for the 3 or 4 months before he went.

Â