Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I'd go for Sven. A list as long as your arm of honours and knows how to do a deal in the transfer market.

He wouldn't be my choice but I rather suspect he might be Randy's, I could certainly live with his appointment and would rather it than a risk like Lambert.

I thought Randy and Sven had an argument at his interview

Not heard that one, can't imagine its too considering what the two are like as individuals but I don't know.

I think we would be interested though.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I'd be happy with Sven. When he was first linked last summer I was one of the (seemingly) few who supported it.

I think his time as England boss damaged his reputation, wrongly imo. He has a very good record at club level.

I think at the time he appeared to be under achieving. However, I think in this Capello era and the Maclaren period the years which Sven had the national side didn't look so bad afterall.

Yeh I'd be happy with Sven. When he was first linked last summer I was one of the (seemingly) few who supported it.

I think his time as England boss damaged his reputation, wrongly imo. He has a very good record at club level.

I think at the time he appeared to be under achieving. However, I think in this Capello era and the Maclaren period the years which Sven had the national side didn't look so bad afterall.

Sven had a far better crop of players than Capello had but Sven certainly did the better job its just a shame he lost a bit of focus towards the end.

In recent weeks, I'm more and more curious about what went wrong for Sven at his interview. Apparently he got too "animated". I'd love to know what he got animated about..

It does seem to be something that has been forgotten about. I too would love to know, since it may give us an insight in what the Board thinks.

Unfortunately, i think we will have to wait until Sven lets it out in some forthcoming memoirs or something :lol:

My bet, it was cash............his cash :winkold:

Given its been on the cards for a while that Houllier was off at the end of the season I think the wheels are already in motion in terms of a replacement and one will hopefully be in place by early June. Some good options about and hopefully the club makes the right choice this time.

Given its been on the cards for a while that Houllier was off at the end of the season I think the wheels are already in motion in terms of a replacement and one will hopefully be in place by early June. Some good options about and hopefully the club makes the right choice this time.

Who are the good options and who do you want?

Absolutely convinced it will be Moyes. He has taken Everton as far as he can with their financial constraints and with no takeover on the horizon there he may feel it is time for a new challenge.

(just a hunch before anyone thinks I'm ITK)

I've not read through this thread as I've been moving house, but is it's resurrection not in slightly bad taste?

Why exactly ?

Gerard is not dead ?

It appears he is not in mortal danger.

From what we are hearing, he is in good spirits, is taking and making calls, and is discussing the upcoming game with his staff.

However, 24 hours on from the initial shock, on a discussion board, it seems logical that the conversation will turn to who MIGHT replace Gerard IF he does not return.

I don't think it is bad taste, just inevitable.

I don't get all the calls for Mark Hughes to be honest - what exactly has he achieved????

He did ok with Blackburn but they played dull unentertaining football, made a pigs ear at Citeh, wasting money on terrible transfers and hasn't really done much with Fulham....

We can do much much better than Hughes.

Mark Hughes would be a dire appointment of the highest order.

He failed to deliver success at man city with all the arab oil dollars and is possibly one of the most negative football managers i have ever seen.

No thank you.

I don't get all the calls for Mark Hughes to be honest - what exactly has he achieved????

He did ok with Blackburn but they played dull unentertaining football, made a pigs ear at Citeh, wasting money on terrible transfers and hasn't really done much with Fulham....

We can do much much better than Hughes.

Can we though? Like who?

I think Hughes is a realistic target, obviously I'd prefer Mourinhio but I think that might be difficult. We need someone with proven premiership experience and future potential, I think Hughes has both of those. Otherwise we should just take a gamble on the likes of Lambert and who knows what will happen.

Mark Hughes would be a dire appointment of the highest order.

He failed to deliver success at man city with all the arab oil dollars and is possibly one of the most negative football managers i have ever seen.

No thank you.

I disagree. At Manchester City he was not given time to achieve success IMO, so it is questionable to suggest he failed to bring success. And I believe he laid the foundations at City with the signings he made during his time there.

I would not mind Hughes becoming our manager. As a player he was a winner and I feel it still exists in him as a manager. I believe he could build something special at this club.

Dont rate Hughes at all, did he sign Wayne Bridge for mega bucks?

Owen Coyle, again he isnt good enough for where we want to be as of yet. Which player signings could he attract?

We need a manager that can help push us into the top 4, I would say Moyes is that man. He has had Everton knocking the top 4 door now for a while, yet never seems to have the backing finacialy. At Villa he would get more backing than Everton and would have a better chance of breaking into the top 4 with us, than with Everton.