Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Coyle has openly said the 2 clubs he dreamed of managing were Bolton and Celtic, I'd forget about trying to get him.

I honestly can't see Moyes thinking Villa are a much better proposition than Everton, so I can't see that happening either. Hughes is better than him anyway, in my opinion.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Moyes here with Ged as DOF. I think, given their friendship, that would work extremely well. And if rumours of player sales at Everton are true I wouldn't blame Moyes on finally moving on.

Coyle would be another great shout, again preferably with Houllier upstairs as I'm not sure what Coyle's transfer dealings have been like.

I would still like to see Jol at the club but that would be more of a risk than either of the two above. Having got through this season (virtually) we need to continue rebuilding the squad.

Isn't Hughes contract up this summer? Wasn't it a one year deal with a view to extend? If that is the case has it been extended?

I would like to see Hughes or Moyes as the manager. I don't want to see Houllier go though, I would like him to have some sort of job behind the scenes. Not necessarily a Director of Football but we need more football men higher up in the club and I think it could have a good effect on the club as a whole.

Owen Coyle, Paul Lambert, maybne Jol - I really want us to keep on playing football and bring the kids through, playing free flowing attacking football.

If we were to go for moyes I'd rather have Big Sam to be honest - both are really, really good managers but it'd be MON all over again - i.e. scrapping wins playing poorly. Both - in my opinion - are 10 times the manager MON is. Again this is my opinion - I'm sure most won't agree - and that's fine - let's not re-shash old arguments. I know we got results under MON but the football was attrocious and no subs, same team etc - it became a chore to watch my team, i never want that to happen again.

We should do all we can to keep Houllier at the club - let him do what he did for france!

If we play football the right way and get noticed for doing so the crowds will coem flocking back to Villa Park and we WILL need to expand the stadium. it (the momentum) staretd under MON (the first season we got 6th - the second half of that season was outstanding) - this is not forgotten all credit to mon for that esecially Carew & Young - then we in my opinion, lost our way (in terms of wooing the crowd - althought we won we were incedibly dull to watch) if we can get 6th etc and fighting for 4th whilst playing decent football (a huge ask) we'll sell out most weeks and become a mjor, major force.

Jol, Moyes, Hughes and Coyle. I would be happy with any of those. Seeing as Jol is available is tempting but its a tough decision to make. I pick which ever one who does not believe in zonal marking!

Owen Coyle, Paul Lambert, maybne Jol - I really want us to keep on playing football and bring the kids through, playing free flowing attacking football.

If we were to go for moyes I'd rather have Big Sam to be honest - both are really, really good managers but it'd be MON all over again - i.e. scrapping wins playing poorly. Both - in my opinion - are 10 times the manager MON is. Again this is my opinion - I'm sure most won't agree - and that's fine. I know we got results under MON but the football was attrocious and no subs, same team etc - it became a chore to watch my team, i never want that to happen again.

We should do all we can to keep Houllier at the club - let him do what he did for france!

If we play football the right way and get noticed for doing so the crowds will coem flocking back to Villa Park and we WILL need to expand the crowd. it (the momentum) staretd under MON (the first season we got 6th - the second half of that season was outstanding) then we lost our way a bit (in terms of wooing the crowd - althought we won we were dull to watch) if we can get 6th etc and fighting for 4th whilst playing decent football (a huge ask) we'll sell out most weeks.

I agree with you. I dont think we have sold out one game this season, not sure. We need attacking football because it has an effect on the crowd and atmosphere!

This may well be wrong, I want to win of course i do - we all do - but I'd rather see 4 or 5 epic games even if we were to lose a couple (by trying to win the game - i.e. chucking 3 or 4 strikers on if we're losing to really attack and go for the win - even when we're losing) rather than 5 shit 1 nil wins -back to the wall and hoof ball.

I want us to go out everygame to win (who ever we paly - home or away) at least try to win - sometimes we'l lahve to defend and back to the wall and counter attack and that's fine - but mix it up and always try to be proactive and take the game to teh opposition and have several gameplans - be abke to chnage during the game etc.

What I can't abide is the same tactics regardless of whom we're playing and the same personnel and no plan B - no alternative of playing - MON was a sucker for this - I could state with relatvie certainty that assuming no injuries the team in 6 or 7 games time- the way we'd play teh 'tactics' etc - BUT Houllier has too been questionable with his bloody Gabby on tthe wing and Young up front - it doesn't work - so don't try it.

Anyway UP THE VILLA!!

I believe we have a huge future with all the kids coming through!!

I would love to see Moyes at the club. Players respect him, managers respect him, an pretty much everyone respects him. You dont hear of player revolts, arguments, diciplinary breaches etc at his club.

He's bought, and sold, players for brilliant prices and they consistantly do better than Villa in the league. They have only finished behind Villa once since 2003.

3 longest serving manager in the premier league......YES PLEASE!

Actually as others have said, Moyes with Baines, Fellaini, Jagielka & Phil Neville would go down a treat!! £30-35million - for alll 5 worth a try :) A new keeper, replacement for Ashley Young and another young winger and a younger replacement for Heskey and a top class rightback and that'd do nicely - and probably bankrupt us! ;-)

MARTIN JOL!!!

PROVEN IN 3 LEAGUES ACROSS EUROPE, PLAYS ATTRACTIVE ATTACKING FOOTBALL WITH A VAST KNOWLEDGE OF EUROPEAN FOOTBALL AND HE IS AVAILABLE & WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO GO NEGOTIATING WITH OTHER CLUBS!!!

Great use of Caps Lock. Btw, Caps doesn't make your post look any more factual than in lowercase. Plus Lowercase has the advantage of not being annoying to read.

Sven- Needs money, we want a manage who pick out the bargains and not need a 30m budget.

Jol- Proven in 3 leagues? I don't think so. Would be ok but not my preferred choice, seems a bit overrated by fans for some reason.

If I was to go with anyone out of the ones mentioned it would be Moyes or Coyle if we wanted a Premier League manager or if we wanted to take a gamble we could go for Lambert or Poyet. Although they seem unlikely with the both of them probably going to end up promoted.