Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier for manager!

I swear you were saying he should go before

I was, after the wolves game... I wanted him gone. Who didnt? But then I got over it. Think he could be good in the long run, but for what we need now, still to be seen... If we beat west ham then it will be seen in my opinion because we will have premier league football next season with 5 games to go.

If we beat west ham then it will be seen in my opinion because we will have premier league football next season with 5 games to go.

The mere fact that some of us actually see that as success for this season is evidence in itself of why he should be replaced

One things for certain whoever comes in Houllier is not going to be a hard act to follow. The opposite will apply in fact.

Expectations have lowered with some I guess given the crap served up but I think we make the right appointment the bounce back could be pretty instant and we will be in amongst the top half dozen clubs again.

A similar thing happened in Mons first season if I remember correctly we flirted with relegation and could not find a win but drew about 15 games. Ultimately finishing what 11th? And the league was no where near this tight that year. That was the year Mon got in Ash Carew in Jan and really started to put his own stamp on the team, give Ged the summer and if he hasnt clicked it but early October, ship him on out!

If we beat west ham then it will be seen in my opinion because we will have premier league football next season with 5 games to go.

The mere fact that some of us actually see that as success for this season is evidence in itself of why he should be replaced

This.

Who do you think we are? West Brom? Wolves? Wigan?

You think staying up with 5 games to go is some sort of success for our club?

One things for certain whoever comes in Houllier is not going to be a hard act to follow. The opposite will apply in fact.

Expectations have lowered with some I guess given the crap served up but I think we make the right appointment the bounce back could be pretty instant and we will be in amongst the top half dozen clubs again.

Exactly Sir.

Hou out end of season.

Most fans relieved/happy.

Onward and upwards with anyone from Coyle, Moyes, Hughes etc, etc.

The list goes on. We'd be a pretty attractive option to most managers.

Old Woy never got a chance at Liverpool. Nobody wanted him there, including the players. I really don't think you can put his failure at Liverpool squarely on his shoulders, there was lots of other shit going on at the time. Not least their plastic fans getting on his back pretty much from his first day.

He has a good record in English football and the guy knows his potatoes.

Swap old woy with Houllier, Liverpool with Villa and potatoes with onions

But of course Houllier is a shit manager.

This.

Look, at the moment it is how it is... We are down there with those teams, quite simply because we have been shit since we beat West Ham first game of the season. Various factors - not all Houllier before you go on.

So you don't want is to win anymore games then by the sounds of things, so you can carry on being miserable and negative about everything.

Quite clearly next season we will be fighting towards the top. Would that be good enough for you?

A similar thing happened in Mons first season if I remember correctly we flirted with relegation and could not find a win but drew about 15 games. Ultimately finishing what 11th? And the league was no where near this tight that year. That was the year Mon got in Ash Carew in Jan and really started to put his own stamp on the team, give Ged the summer and if he hasnt clicked it but early October, ship him on out!
First, I don't think you are remembering quite correctly.

In MON's first season we were unbeaten for the first 9 games - the longest unbeaten run of any premier league team. We were 6th after 9 games. This was with a squad that, apart from the additions of Petrov, Sutton and Agathe, was the same one that had finished 16th and in quite some disarray the season before.

We then went on a poor run and sunk as low as 14th after 25 games, at which stage we were 9 points clear of the relegation zone - the nearest we got to the drop zone.

We then picked things up and got 21 points from our final 13 games, including an unbeaten sequence for the last 9 games, rather neatly matching the start to the season. We finished, as you say, 11th, with 50 points - a total that had only been bettered once by a Villa team in the past 6 seasons.

Now, perhaps you could explain which parts of this season have been "similar" to that?

Secondly, I note you are repeating the idea that we should let Houllier spend all of Randy's money in the summer and then sack him early in the new season if his squad turns out to be no good. I think I have run out of new words to express what a crazy idea that is and how much trouble we would be in if it actually happened.

Houllier has failed very badly this season and in my view has not earned the right to take us into the next one.

This.

Look, at the moment it is how it is... We are down there with those teams, quite simply because we have been shit since we beat West Ham first game of the season. Various factors - not all Houllier before you go on.

So you don't want is to win anymore games then by the sounds of things, so you can carry on being miserable and negative about everything.

Quite clearly next season we will be fighting towards the top. Would that be good enough for you?

Would love to have a slice of your positivity but i cannot see us anywhere near the top with our present squad next season.

That could all change though if Randy sells to an oil sheik :winkold:

I wonder if Mourinho would come here.....

I reckon he'd like Randy & the funds he could give him.

But it's just a dream to think that he'd come to a team as small as us (ie. not winning anything for so long = small)