Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ignorance of some on here amazes me.

Great Britain consists of England Scotland and Wales.

The United Kingdom is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Replublic of Ireland is neither part of Britain nor the UK

The Channel Islands and the Isle of man are crown dependancies and not part of the UK.

Wahey, someone knows what he is talking about!

Pah! I think not!

The Replublic of Ireland? Replublic?

Major fail. Bigger fail than DVIN. Ignorance through and through. How embarassing.

8)

I'd rather have Houllier than Hughes, Hughes just another Woy Hogson IMO. I'd rather Lambert than them all.
Is that the same 'Wog Hogson' who's got the Baggies in the top half?
Yep, the same Woy that hS never had an English team in the top 5 or 6. He has found his level at WBA, him and Hughes are mid table managers at best.

I'm shocked that you would prefer Houllier to anyone or anything tbh fran!

I often see you wishing death upon him, obviously in jest, but I seriously thought you would prefer a loaf of bread to be in charge than GH.

No rob, I never wanted Houllier. But there are other manager I just don't think are right for us and what we are after. From

Day one I always wanted a young up and coming manager with bright new ideas. I would not like Woy Hughes or anyone like him long term. I only ever wanted the likes of Fat Sam to get us out of the mess. Maybe if GH keeps us up he'll work wonders in the summer, I really don't no but if it benefits Aston Villa I'll hold my hands ip and say fair play.

I'd rather have Houllier than Hughes, Hughes just another Woy Hogson IMO. I'd rather Lambert than them all.
Yep, the same Woy that hS never had an English team in the top 5 or 6. He has found his level at WBA, him and Hughes are mid table managers at best.

And a Europa League Final with Fulham.

And a UEFA Cup Final with Inter.

Not to mention various honours in Sweden and Denmark over the years.

And of course, named LMA Manager of the Year for 2010.

You do talk some absolute bollocks some times.

I talk bollox, how much did he win though, LMA manager if the year haha it only because he got Fulham to a poxy Europa final ffs. It's a cup that our last manger wanted nothing to do with. If he was that good Woy didn't he do more at liverpoo??.your talking shit IMO. In England he is only shit. and hasn't even won 30 away games with all the English teams he has been with haha who's talking shit now??.

I talk bollox, how much did he win though, LMA manager if the year haha it only because he got Fulham to a poxy Europa final ffs. It's a cup that our last manger wanted nothing to do with. If he was that good Woy didn't he do more at liverpoo??.your talking shit IMO. In England he is only shit. and hasn't even won 30 away games with all the English teams he has been with haha who's talking shit now??.

I'd take Hughes over Houllier any day of the week.

In fact, I'd take Hughes.

Old Woy never got a chance at Liverpool. Nobody wanted him there, including the players. I really don't think you can put his failure at Liverpool squarely on his shoulders, there was lots of other shit going on at the time. Not least their plastic fans getting on his back pretty much from his first day.

He has a good record, not brilliant, but good, in English football and the guy knows his potatoes.

Hughes was very unlucky to be ousted at City. I think he would make a good steady manager, he can inspire, I also think he can spot a player and would get value for money. Although the club say we want to challenge for CL I do not foresee that type of heavy investment in the club to do so. Certainly all recent quotes about living within our means and selling players to buy would suggest otherwise. If then we are to be the best of the rest I think Hughes is a great choice.

So yeah, unless Randy is thinking of chucking a couple hundred million in the pot then I think Mark Hughes would be a very astute choice who could get the best out of the limited funds available.

Coyle, Moyes, Lambert, Poyet. Anyone of these I'd be happy with. Unlike last summer its a good time for us to be in the market for a new manager and will certainly be an interesting decision as to who we appoint. Some cracking young, ambitious, hungry managers around with the skills and desire to succeed who could build something special here. The right choice will bring the club back together and get the fans full backing something the current incumbent failed to do from day one. Exciting times. Sooner this season is over now obviously the better and we can then look forward under some vibrant leadership.

Get some money on Bob Bradley.

Not a prayer (dont want him) and Moyes and Coyle wont be coming either.

So from mark's 'cracking choice' we've got Lambert or Poyet.

Lambert would be OK but Poyet I'm not sure. Doesnt matter anyhow as Houllier will be staying.

Coyle, Moyes, Lambert, Poyet. Anyone of these I'd be happy with. Unlike last summer its a good time for us to be in the market for a new manager and will certainly be an interesting decision as to who we appoint. Some cracking young, ambitious, hungry managers around with the skills and desire to succeed who could build something special here. The right choice will bring the club back together and get the fans full backing something the current incumbent failed to do from day one. Exciting times. Sooner this season is over now obviously the better and we can then look forward under some vibrant leadership.

If we appoint Lambert or Poyet it would not get my full backing whatsoever.

Infact, I'd like to point out you were shouting Coyle and Lambert for months and months (fair enough), somebody else (cant remember who) mentioned Poyet and since then he's gotten into your list of:

'young managers who have done the square root of **** all so should be with us challenging for Europe' (Coyle done well with bolton though, Lambert & Poyet have done well in the Championship, good season in Championship do not a European Manager make)

Smells of Jumping on The Bandwagon to me.

Anyway,

Moyes: Yes - but doubt he will come tbh, will stay at Everton for his 10th year then take over at Spurs maybe.

Coyle: Decent enough but not 1st choice - loves Bolton, wont come.

Lambert: No thanks. Only if we really had to

Poyet: No.

Houllier will be staying.