Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are all capable of making our own opinions up.

Of course, but all opinions are influenced by other sources

maybe, but Bale is the most media spunked about player playing in England, he ain't as rated highly by a lot of people on VT and nor would he have even come close to that PFA award.

Moyes has worked on a pretty small budget, he's got a few decent fee's, i.e. Rooney and Lescott and at times spent decent money on likes of Fellaini but on a whole, he's built a pretty good team and squad with minimum funds, regularly challenging top 6-8 and a team that plays pretty decent football.

I don't think realistically there is anyone much better than him.

maybe, but Bale is the most media spunked about player playing in England, he ain't as rated highly by a lot of people on VT and nor would he have even come close to that PFA award.

Moyes has worked on a pretty small budget, he's got a few decent fee's, i.e. Rooney and Lescott and at times spent decent money on likes of Fellaini but on a whole, he's built a pretty good team and squad with minimum funds, regularly challenging top 6-8 and a team that plays pretty decent football.

What about Sean o'Driscoll at Donny POB

Would you take a punt on him??

Sean O'Driscoll? Too inexperienced. Need someone who's proven in the Premier League. Moyes is a very good shout if Houllier can't manage for us next season.

Wasnt Moyes very similar to O'Driscoll when he went to Everton??

Sean O'Driscoll? Too inexperienced. Need someone who's proven in the Premier League. Moyes is a very good shout if Houllier can't manage for us next season.

Wasnt Moyes very similar to O'Driscoll when he went to Everton??

I don't think we can afford to take risks if he have to appoint a new manager

No, I don't think we are in the position where we need to take a punt on anyone really. Doncaster are also 20th and while they ain't a huge club, you've seen with someone like Lambert who's got a team from league 1, now close to promotion in the Premiership, that if he was a very good manager, he'd be doing better than 20th.

No need for us to take a punt when we have likes of Moyes, Jol as attainable targets=.

No, I don't think we are in the position where we need to take a punt on anyone really. Doncaster are also 20th and while they ain't a huge club, you've seen with someone like Lambert who's got a team from league 1, now close to promotion in the Premiership, that if he was a very good manager, he'd be doing better than 20th.

No need for us to take a punt when we have likes of Moyes, Jol as attainable targets=.

He took them from league 2

Has spent NO money whatsoever - think he might have bought Brian Stock?? The rest (or the vast majority) are loans and frees.

He sold Richie Wellens and Matt Mills for a combined 3 mill - In return he was allowed Billy Sharp (on loan)!!!!

Theyve had a few good seasons in the championship and will probably stay up again. Unfortunately there is only so far 'nothing' can take you and there time will come to be relegated.

This is Doncaster Rovers, a team whos spent 99% of its existence in the 4th and 5th tier of english football.

Hes also won a Johnstone paint trophy with them. Yes - won a trophy.

Doncaster snapped him up as he was doing similar things with Bournemouth.

FWIW - Lambert would be close to the top of my choice too!!!

I agree with you there Woodytom, O'Driscoll is an excellent manager. As is Lambert who I would probably prefer out of the two. However would they be worth the risk, I'm not so sure. We can't fall too far behind the likes of Man City and Tottenham.

We need somebody with pulling power, who has experience dealing with top players and who has proven he can manage in a top division.

Hughes.

Moyes.

Jol (although to be honest, I am no convinced on him).

sir gary cahill (for his talent spotting)

Those above would be ideal.

I agree with you there Woodytom, O'Driscoll is an excellent manager. As is Lambert who I would probably prefer out of the two. However would they be worth the risk, I'm not so sure. We can't fall too far behind the likes of Man City and Tottenham.

No i agree, but this game is all about taking risks. Whos too say they wouldnt take us above those teams??

No i agree, but this game is all about taking risks. Whos too say they wouldnt take us above those teams??

I don't think we are in the position to take another risk like we did in the summer. They could just as easily do a Paul Ince. And if we go for them we risk losing players too because they will expect somebody to come in who has done a good high profile job elsewhere.

What makes O'Driscoll or Lambert so special that we should take them over Moyes or Jol?

I don't think we are in the position to take another risk like we did in the summer. They could just as easily do a Paul Ince. And if we go for them we risk losing players too because they will expect somebody to come in who has done a good high profile job elsewhere.

yeah the reaction of the players would be interesting but you would certainly find out who cared about the club