Alan Hutton

Rich_D

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We need better than Hutton. He does give us an option when going forward, but it's a terrible option with zero end product. It's a complete waste of time.

I’d argue his forward play is counter productive but apparently its a “massive benefit to our attacking game” so what would I know...

• Like 1

I could argue on both fronts....he is limited, i think thats why he divides opinion.

I don't think the detractors are wrong in what they are saying

I have very mixed views on him....but I am sure DS will deal with it in the fullness of time.

Its all about priorities and how he see's them.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I could argue on both fronts....he is limited, i think thats why he divides opinion.

I don't think the detractors are wrong in what they are saying

I have very mixed views on him....but I am sure DS will deal with it in the fullness of time.

Its all about priorities and how he see's them.

Largely agree, Smith seems pragmatic regarding the timeframe to implement his full philosophy. He uses the buzzword ‘drip feed’ ofttimes. I think he regards a settled back 4/5 as paramount to the clear limitations in Hutton’s game. In time I think Smith will find a RB solution elsewhere, especially given the importance of full backs in the modern game.  It does surprise me that Bree hasn’t been given any minutes or benchtime though, as you could imagine Smith’s Brentford purchasing him from Barnsley before we snapped him up. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

but I am sure DS will deal with it in the fullness of time.

Well his contract is up at the end of the season so we'll finally be rid of him then. I expect he'll lose his place in the team before the end of the season. Whether that's to a new signing or bree/elmo that remains to be seen. 

On 04/11/2018 at 21:28, GENTLEMAN said:

Largely agree, Smith seems pragmatic regarding the timeframe to implement his full philosophy. He uses the buzzword ‘drip feed’ ofttimes. I think he regards a settled back 4/5 as paramount to the clear limitations in Hutton’s game. In time I think Smith will find a RB solution elsewhere, especially given the importance of full backs in the modern game.  It does surprise me that Bree hasn’t been given any minutes or benchtime though, as you could imagine Smith’s Brentford purchasing him from Barnsley before we snapped him up. 

Agree.  Only a fool would rush in making wholesale changes straight away.  He will do it gradually when he continues to evaluate the players at training.  Hourihanes now role against Bolton is an example of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I noticed from that recent hutton interview that he talks about how much harder they are havibg to work under smith.

Makes you think what the fitness levels under the previous regime were up to scratch?

I feel like the fitness thing has been said by every manager who comes in.

All of them.

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Agree.  Only a fool would rush in making wholesale changes straight away.  He will do it gradually when he continues to evaluate the players at training.  Hourihanes now role against Bolton is an example of this. 

Bildresultat för elvis presley shake gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

All of them.

I think every manager says that when they take a new job. It's just what you say these days. 

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Every time I see this thread I have to fight the urge to add “is £&@“ at the end of the title.

I don’t know why gets so much stick on here and at games, he always gives 100%, ok he’s not the best technically but Spurs paid a fortune for him not so long ago, I love him and his attitude 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t know why gets so much stick on here and at games, he always gives 100%, ok he’s not the best technically but Spurs paid a fortune for him not so long ago, I love him and his attitude 

Maybe its because he is rubbish and regularly costs us goals. Just a thought.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Maybe its because he is rubbish and regularly costs us goals. Just a thought.

Why do you think he’s rubbish? I don’t know why he gets so much stick on here. For me, he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he’s rubbish? I don’t know why he gets so much stick on here. For me, he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet 

If that is your view its utterly pointless us even getting into a discussion on it our views are so diametrically opposed.

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

All of them.

Actually Smith has said the opposite - Its just been twisted by the media that Smith is unhappy with the fitness levels. I think the intensity Hutton refers to is playing further up the pitch, not so much fitness levels. Smith himself has said he isn't changing too much to soon - and has been mostly guarded when talking about his players to the press - quite right to - a new manager gobbing off to the press how he has kicked the players up the arse and double up on training  isn't a wise move IMO. 

Â