Alan Hutton

Rich_D

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Alright then, good you cleared that up. By the very definition of that he's one of the best players we have. Unless the idea here is that you don't put your best players in your first eleven. 

Because it's impossible to have a weak link in a team. By that logic, Heskey used to be one of our best players.

Just because our 3rd best RB is better than our terrible LB doesn't mean he's one of our best players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Alright then, good you cleared that up. By the very definition of that he's one of the best players we have. Unless the idea here is that you don't put your best players in your first eleven. 

Eh?

He's the best left back we have, because the alternative is Neil Taylor and he's toilet.

Hutton can still be the best left back we have, and the worst Villa player on the pitch. Hence "one of the worst players we have who regularly make the first 11"

If I was on Villa's books and was the only person capable of playing left back, so they put me in the team, I would be **** appalling. By your logic I'd be one of the best players Villa has.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know he is a bit crap but i like him, he seems a good character too. It wasnt his fault a number of managers had him as our main creative threat at times which was painful to watch.

But in recent games under Smith he has been unlucky not to get 3 assists at least and seems to be crossing a lot more to feet

If he had it would have cancelled out the 3 goals he has given away. He is rubbish.

On 08/11/2018 at 20:31, TrentVilla said:

Every time I see this thread I have to fight the urge to add “is £&@“ at the end of the title.

You could add "is £&@" and then let people make up their own minds as to what the "£&@" represents. It could mean horrendous and it could mean wonderful. That means you can fulfill your urges and the others can just decide whatever they want it to mean.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Alan makes his 5th consecutive duff pass. Go on Alan!
Alan puts one into the stands again. Go on Alan!
Alan runs 90 yards into their fullback. Go on Alan!
Alan jogs back whilst we are broke on after losing the ball again. Go on Alan!
Alan puts another nothing ball straight to their centre backs head. Go on Alan lad!!!!

Anyone else underhits one single pass.

schemer.PNG

This is so accurate it's scary :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

So why do you think Smith picks him every week? 

There's not much in terms of alternatives.

Personally I'd have Elmo playing there instead.

But our fullback situation is awful. If Smith is half as forward thinking as people say he is then he'll realise that in the modern game you can't afford to have fullbacks as bad as ours

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There's not much in terms of alternatives.

Personally I'd have Elmo playing there.

So would I considering Aldo appears to be a better LB than his natural RB position.

But reading some of the negative shit towards him in this thread in just utterly shocking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So would I considering Aldo appears to be a better LB than his natural RB position.

I agree.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But reading some of the negative shit towards him in this thread in just utterly shocking.

He is shit though so it's kind of understanding.

• Like 1

Â