Alan Hutton

Rich_D

A lot of the Spurs fan seems extremely happy at the prospect of him leaving after having a little look around.

Why?

I'd say it's mainly because we now have Corluka and Walker to compete for the RB slot, so don't really need Hutton, and thus that his sale will bring in some cash for use in improving the team/squad elsewhere.

The degree of happiness will depend, of course, on how much he's sold for, assuming that he is sold. I'd reckon the going rate would be 5m, maybe 6m tops. Anyone who gets him for less will have done well.

Personally I think he's a decent RB - certainly better than the Prem average. Can be a bit rash defensively from time to time, but he's quick, tough and pretty good going forward.

I don't want Lichaj anywhere near the bench, or even Villa Park. **** it, I don't want him in Birmingham. No, leave the country Eric, go play abroad and remove the possibility of ever playing for us again.

Harsh but made me chuckle :lol:

I don't want Lichaj anywhere near the bench, or even Villa Park. **** it, I don't want him in Birmingham. No, leave the country Eric, go play abroad and remove the possibility of ever playing for us again.

Harsh, he aint that bad. Had a bad game against Man City, but did well enough in other games, especially against Bale.

I like him, I think he has a good balance between his attacking and defensive play, he scored a pretty good goal last season for Spurs if I recall correctly and he can cross the ball too. I'd have him in a heartbeat but I'd rather we sign a Leftback.

I don't see what spurs or some villa fans see in Walker. Yes good going forward but i want defenders to be able to defend. He's another Glen Johnson.

Hutton would be a solid signing. Not sure if he's as good as Luke Young though.

Sorry to state the bleeding obvious, but didn't Luke Young spend an entire season at left back and do a bloody marvelous job there?

he was solid in every game i seen him play in. some fans just want fancy names

Sorry to state the bleeding obvious, but didn't Luke Young spend an entire season at left back and do a bloody marvelous job there?

Yes he did but he was apparently pretty unhappy about it.

I would rather we stuck with Young at RB and signed a LB than buy Hutton.

Thing about Luke Young is we only seem to get about half a season out of him these days. Tends to get niggly injuries that keep him out for weeks at a time. With Hutton, Warnock, Young and Lichaj, we would have good depth at fullback - enough to leave us with some wiggle room if we lose Young for any space of time.

Not sure about Hutton. Not sure he is all that solid defensively and thats what we all want for the new season, a more solid defence.

Signing Hutton does not really inspire me tbf, to me he is just an average player and I dont think he will improve the team that much if I'm honest.

I think its more a case of availability!

I would love Enrique but I dont think we have a chance of signing him.

I think its more a case of availability!

I would love Enrique but I dont think we have a chance of signing him.

I would like him to but I dont think he is our price range, I imagine he will go for £10m at least

True.

I'd hope we'd do better than Hutton though. I used average in the hope it'd avoid the ire of people who do like him, I actually rate him a little lower than that.

Don't think he ever had a full season there. came to us prior to the 08/09 as a RB and played there for a while, until MON lost patience with Shorey. Though Shorey did come back into the reckoning after about March again that season.

Last season, he started on the right but came back into the side in the final third of the campaign on the left.

He's very good defensively, but doesn't really have a left foot to speak of. When he bombs up the field and tried to attack (which he can do reasonably well on the right) he has to cut in and play the simple pass, so our play becomes more predictable.

Â