Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Aston Villa agree fee with Tottenham for Alan Hutton #AVFC #THFC

I wonder where he's heard that from?

The same place he gets all his info from I guess, agents and clubs.

Ahhh right, only just started following him on Twitter. Does he tend to be a reliable source?

anybody else think that the hutton signing will mean lichaj going back on loan to leeds and young used as a sub to cover rb and lb as young will be 32 by the end of july then by next season decide on lichaj and probably move young on as he will be 33. just a hunch

This would certainly be a good idea because it would be Eric's best shot at progressing by getting regular football to develop himself. Grayson seems to really have rated him as a player and hopefully a move back to Leeds can give the boy lots of confidence as well making him a more important part of the team for the future.

I cant see is buying a right back just so Luke Young can go on the bench cos hes gettin on a bit, in order to send Lichaj out on loan. Nah that doesnt add up for me.

Spend 4 or 5m or so for the opportunity to send Lichaj out on loan to see if hes good enough???

Might as well just play Luke Young, with Cuellar as cover if needed. Or just play Lichaj.

Hes buying him because having worked with him at Rangers and Scotland - he clearly rates him

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Aston Villa agree fee with Tottenham for Alan Hutton #AVFC #THFC

Is that a reliable source?

@Darren_Can and @Football_agent9 wouldn't be following him if he wasn't reliable.

Gabby's brother follows him too.

Tottenham fans are ecstatic hes leaving. Redknobb is annoying but he doesnt let go many good players by choice. Bit concerned by this signing. We need midfield/wingers more urgently.

Tottenham fans are ecstatic hes leaving. Redknobb is annoying but he doesnt let go many good players by choice. Bit concerned by this signing. We need midfield/wingers more urgently.

seems a bit of a waste when we have Beye, Cuellar,Young and Lichaj who can play in that position :?

seems a bit of a waste when we have Beye, Cuellar,Young and Lichaj who can play in that position :?

I don't get this.

Beye hasn't played in a year and you would have to say Hutton is considerably better.

Cuellar - well he can pinch-hit at RB but most of us cringe at him playing RB because it is not his natural position. Most would agree he should be starting CB.

Young - I would say at his best is a better RB than Hutton but also a better LB than Warnock. He is also injury-prone - we also seem to struggle to get more than half a season out of him lately.

Lichaj - well he played alright for one game, really well for another, and poorly for a third. I think he has plenty of potential but it is way too soon to tell if we can rely on him.

To me Hutton is an astute buy because he bolsters our defence and he is a player that McLeish knows and trusts and I think it's important that the gaffer have players like that in the camp (that aren't Stephen Carr or Barry Ferguson!!!!).

If we get him I would say Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Young would be our strongest defensive 4.

I think most Spurs fans are pleased we are getting some money in and getting wages off the bill. But Hutton is a really good RB and superb value for money at anything under £6 million. If it's true you are getting a really good player. He's just been very unlucky at Spurs, as he had a long term injury, which forced us to buy a new RB. When he came back from injury he was loaned out to Sunderland, where he was top class and they tried to buy him, but didn't have the money. He then came back, got into our side, but again got injured. He's only go a year left on his contract, so we have not choice but to sell him. He's too good to be a back up and we already have Walker and Naughton for that anyway. But don't let the fact we are so selling him influence your opinions. I think you'll be pretty pleased with this deal in 6 months, assuming he avoids any bad injuries. I'd say at the moment he's better than Walker and most of you liked him.

I don't understand this signing and would think it's a waste of the little money we have.

You say "A waste of the little money we have". We honestly don't know what Randy is willing to spend. No one was expecting us to splash out all that money on Bent, but we did. I'm sure the people at the club are in a better position to see who we need to buy and who will fit in.

Some fans are just never happy. Quite comical.

Hutton won't be a spectacular signing, but a very solid one IMO. I'd much rather Hutton to someone like baked bean head. What do people expect....!

Let's say our playing staff current wage bill is around 45M (after Friedel, A.Young, Salifou etc.) and then you have the manager, management, coaches and so on (probably another 10M). I'd say our max tolerable wage bill according to UEFA rules is around 60M, so we have around 5M to spend on wages and we have key positions like goalkeeper and central midfielder open. It would be nice to get rid of non contributing high earners like Heskey, Ireland and Beye (around 8M in wages), but you will notice that no-one is intrested.

Hutton is a great player, but he would demand a big wage and that is one position we really are covered at the moment. Also I'd like to think that we should have policy to mainly sign young players and only older players when they are extremely good (I know Hutton is not so old at 26, although he looks like 35).

So my main targets for this transfer period would be: Dann (24years, 10M + 45k/week), Nathaniel Clyne (20years, 4M + 25k/week), NZogbia (25 years, 9M + 60k/week) and goalkeeper (maybe Given on a 2 year deal with 3,5M + 55k/week). Dann only if we can sell Dunne, Clyne only if we can sell Warnock, NZogbia as replacement to A.Young.

I expect great things from players like Clark, Barker, Albrighton, Delph and Hogg. Lichaj, Gardner, Bannan, Delfouneso, Herd and Weimann are decent squad players.

I think people forget that Hutton got his £9m move to Tottenham on the back of his form for Rangers under McLeish. If anyone knows how to get the best out of him, then McLeish does.

I expect great things from players like Clark, Barker, Albrighton, Delph and Hogg. Lichaj, Gardner, Bannan, Delfouneso, Herd and Weimann are decent squad players.

Is Barker any good...Never heard of him.

I know Baker is a young left-back... :winkold:

I watched a lot of Spurs the season they came 4th and when I watched Hutton he was very good. He likes to get forward but picks his moments so he rarely gets caught out of position. When he gets forward he is more efficient than Walker, his crossing is much better and his decision making is solid. The concerns with him are of course injuries but when he is fit he will be a great asset.

Â