Alan Hutton

Rich_D

True.

I'd hope we'd do better than Hutton though. I used average in the hope it'd avoid the ire of people who do like him, I actually rate him a little lower than that.

**** me, what's your definition of average??

:?

I am still fuming at the club, but I am not going to slag them off for everything, for the sake of it.

Whether his name is Alan Hutton , or Alain Hujtaan - the fact is he is a solid full back in the same mould as all the solid full backs we have had , Luke Young, Stan Staunton, Alan Wright, Mark Delaney 9although he was more combative). can tackle, give 100% and chips in with odd goal.

The fact is, defenders are the to defend, and if we get Hutton, I'll be more than happy.

I keep saying, let the defenders defend, let Bent stick the ball in the net, and we won't go far wrong.

I'll welcome this one, although Walker is more exciting, I am a firm believer the exciting players should play in the final third, not your own.

Presumably will happen, quicker the better as well

Sign him up, solid player, dependable and will do a good job. Would be pleased with this bit of business.

Luke Young to me is average and going forward, runs out of ideas. His pace is shocking and like petrov he has to side foot a pass shot or cross EVERYTIME

Been a good servant whilst been at the club and respect he has never bad mouthed AVFC, even when frozen out by MON.

We need solid full backs that do there job, DEFEND. Walker had a handful of good games, but his positioning was shit and he left too much space at the back when he went on a mission.

Without a Jimmy Milner type player running up and down the pitch covering everyone, we would suffer again this season when going forward, losing the plot 10 yards from the penalty box, then losing the ball - thus leaving us WIDE open.

Heres to a confident solid defence!

True.

I'd hope we'd do better than Hutton though. I used average in the hope it'd avoid the ire of people who do like him, I actually rate him a little lower than that.

**** me, what's your definition of average??

:?

I think it must be Dani Alves.

I was hoping we would buy Hutton when Spurs did. I think he can be great for us.

I'm assuming that most of us haven't seen Hutton play too much, because the general consensus amongst Spurs fans (from what I've gathered reading their forums and asking them on other, neutral messageboards) is that Hutton isn't the "solid, reliable full-back" that everyone here seems to be saying he is. Rather, he's better going forward than defending, Walker-esque if you will. Before anyone jumps down my throat for comparing the two, I'm talking in style of play, not necessarily ability.

That said, I think he'd be a good signing at the right price.

I'm assuming that most of us haven't seen Hutton play too much, because the general consensus amongst Spurs fans (from what I've gathered reading their forums and asking them on other, neutral messageboards) is that Hutton isn't the "solid, reliable full-back" that everyone here seems to be saying he is. Rather, he's better going forward than defending, Walker-esque if you will. Before anyone jumps down my throat for comparing the two, I'm talking in style of play, not necessarily ability.

That said, I think he'd be a good signing at the right price.

Yep, my Dad has a Spurs season ticket and he thinks exactly this, as do I from watching him whenever they're on tele. Not in the same league of reliability as Luke Young defensively, gets forward well but I think I'd prefer Walker for his pace. Saying that Hutton is quick.

More alarming at the moment is were signing players around the 5 million bracket....we've certainly gone backwards eh?...he's alright...bout as far as id go.

I don't think it's that concerning really. We're supposedly looking at N'Zogbia who will cost around £9m.

Hutton was around £9m when Spurs bought him, but now he's out of favour and has 1 year left on his contract. £3m is good business for a player who is actually worth more than that.

Given is probably worth more than we're paying for him, but again, Man City aren't playing him and now they'll just want to get him off the wagebill. So a cut price deal for him too.

(Also, it was only 6 months ago we payed £18m for a striker)

We have got L.young, Cuellar and Beye that can play RB I dont think its worth spending £5m on Hutton as I dont think he will make us any better. Am I the only one thinking LB would be better as we only have Warnock who is a true left footed LB??

anybody else think that the hutton signing will mean lichaj going back on loan to leeds and young used as a sub to cover rb and lb as young will be 32 by the end of july then by next season decide on lichaj and probably move young on as he will be 33. just a hunch

anybody else think that the hutton signing will mean lichaj going back on loan to leeds and young used as a sub to cover rb and lb as young will be 32 by the end of july then by next season decide on lichaj and probably move young on as he will be 33. just a hunch

I would be suprised at all if that happened. I think Leeds are keen again

More alarming at the moment is were signing players around the 5 million bracket....we've certainly gone backwards eh?...he's alright...bout as far as id go.

I don't really care how much they cost, as long as they improve the team. Would you have preferred to spend 10m on Gordan, or 2m on Fredial.

Some of the best playera I have ever seen at the Villa were "cheap buys" - McGrath, Taylor, Wright, Platt, Yorke etc..etc..

Put it this way, we were gonna (reportedly) spew about 10m each on Craig Gordan, Aiden McGeedy and co a couple of years ago - it didn't make them any good.

I've just watched with great amusement Liverpool replace a midfield of Alonso, Mascherano with Jordan henderson and Charlie Adam at an expense of 30 million quid. Just coz they spent it, doesn't make it the correct thing to do

I don't really care how much they cost, as long as they improve the team. Would you have preferred to spend 10m on Gordan, or 2m on Fredial.

Some of the best playera I have ever seen at the Villa were "cheap buys" - McGrath, Taylor, Wright, Platt, Yorke etc..etc..

Put it this way, we were gonna (reportedly) spew about 10m each on Craig Gordan, Aiden McGeedy and co a couple of years ago - it didn't make them any good.

I've just watched with great amusement Liverpool replace a midfield of Alonso, Mascherano with Jordan henderson and Charlie Adam at an expense of 30 million quid. Just coz they spent it, doesn't make it the correct thing to do

Beautifully put.

Absolutely spot on and if we keep Downing, buy N'Zogbia, Scott Parker along with Given and Hutton (who does what it says on the tin! and has worked with McCleish before!) it will be absolutely hilarious!

Tony_Tony_Daley wrote:

I think the retort to that would be ... MON bought Curtis Davies for £10M... he sold Gary Cahill for about £5M to Bolton.

Who represented the better value??!!

:shock: What a sentence. You are one fast talker.

Liverpool made no money off Alonso or Mascherano then?

This would certainly be a good idea because it would be Eric's best shot at progressing by getting regular football to develop himself. Grayson seems to really have rated him as a player and hopefully a move back to Leeds can give the boy lots of confidence as well making him a more important part of the team for the future.

Â