Alan Hutton

Rich_D

There you go, the memory isn't what it was! I remember beating the media to the Carew gen and thought that was the biggest signing of the window-clearly not :D

no worries, my memory plays tricks on me, i still watch warnock and see a good tackle or pass and think he could be good.

old age is very cruel

Yes good today, imo gets far too much flak. Has had his bad games but even when he's average he's targeted at the scape goat. Warnock has been far worse since Hutton joined.

Don't think he's good enough though, but just think people are harsh on him every game.

Nice cross for the Bent goal, that's what I want to see from him as his attacking game has really disappointed me since he joined.

Yes I'd agree with that, the amount of crosses he's scuffed has annoyed me the most, not his defending.

Hutton was extremely close to being sent off after just 5 minutes. He recklessly threw himself in front of the ball with two feet stretched, if he was 5mm closer to the strikers legs there would have been a broken leg. I just cannot understand why he would tackle like that, just outside the box, after such a short period of the game gone by. Prior he needlessly gave away a corner instead of kicking it for a throw-in, totally alone with poor pressure from the other striker. I registred during the game that he has tons of incredibly poor passes, attempts that go right into the path of the opposition. I am not taking away his assist and contribution to the attacking play at times last night, but he generally is a very limited defender - and dear I say a total liability. Reckless to say the least, and it is a miracle he hasn't got red-carded more this season. The Shane Long tackle was terrible, and the one he served last night was even worse - he was just lucky to not hit the guy cleaner with the pace he took with him in the challenge.

Â