Alan Hutton

Rich_D

So weird how he has become a whole new player. When he did initially play for us, he was such a liability defensively and he was a walking red card.

Now he is a pretty solid two way fullback. Good work Hutton!

Yeah it was a shit touch for the 1st goal, tried to control a bouncing ball with the outside of his right foot with no one really round him, bounced straight in to the path of their striker, should have used the inside of his left

Wasn't great positionally for the 2nd either but that was a great goal from Poland perspective

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I'll be honest I was not a fan at all of hutton under mccleish. Wasn't happy when he was re integrated in the side but have been glad to be proved wrong. Love a full back who makes the wingers scared of going near them and his forward bursts have dramatically improved. Hope he keeps it up and he will become a fan favourite by far.

He was totally useless under McLeish. And now he's absolutely great. Baffling, but we'll take it.

I think his time out of the team has helped him massively.

I guess it's possible that he'd started cruising. He was playing regularly at a big club and maybe he just wasn't that bothered anymore.

Then the bomb squad exclusion maybe made him sit up and think "actually I'm in danger of spiralling into nowhere here" and cleaned his act up.

All assumptions by me, not basing that on any hard evidence. I'm also not saying this is what Lambert planned all along. I think he genuinely would have sold HUtton if we'd had a decent offer. BUt I think it's worked, even if it's purely by accident

We were offered money for him from Forest and West Brom but turned them down iirc

Hutton back to his best with Scotland lol

Is he allowed an off match? For all intents and purposes he's been excellent for Scotland for quite some time and great for us so far this season.

Give him his one eh.

I couldn't give a toss how he performs for the jocks. He can have all his bad games for them and continue to perform for us.

Is he allowed an off match? For all intents and purposes he's been excellent for Scotland for quite some time and great for us so far this season.

Give him his one eh.

Yes he is.

The Villa fan in me got immediately worried and now hopes he doesn't get discouraged by the errors.

Give him his one eh.

I couldn't give a toss how he performs for the jocks. He can have all his bad games for them and continue to perform for us.
You probably should. The same way I take an interest in how Delph performs for England.

I think someone said in the Everton match thread that he seemed frustrated with his teammates and wanted to show them how it's done with his runs. I kind of agree with that. He ran like a man obsessed. Best moments of the match from our point of view.

He's still missing that final touch however. When he figures out what to do with the ball at the end of his runs, he'll be great. He's my favorite at the moment.

I think someone said in the Everton match thread that he seemed frustrated with his teammates and wanted to show them how it's done with his runs. I kind of agree with that. He ran like a man obsessed. Best moments of the match from our point of view.

He's still missing that final touch however. When he figures out what to do with the ball at the end of his runs, he'll be great. He's my favorite at the moment.

Yep, he gave his all today.

Best player for us today and has been solid since he came back. Fair play to him, can't imagine many players would have put even half the effort in he has after the way he has been treated over the past couple of years.

Â