Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

This bloke won an environmentalist of the year award in Australia. Anti cat campaigner and maker of lovely cat hats :lol:

wamsleys1_.jpg

word removed. Asking for a punch in the face.

• Like 1

This bloke won an environmentalist of the year award in Australia. Anti cat campaigner and maker of lovely cat hats :lol:

wamsleys1_.jpg

word removed. Asking for a punch in the face.

Isn't that a Camel hat?

I accept that both Cats and Camels are huge nuisances in Australia, and need to be controlled. But making hats out of them is not the answer. 

I dont accept that cats are a nuisance here.The state government blame cats for the dwindling natural bird life (not that I have noticed any drop in the number of birds ) and then they clear 100s of hectares of natural bush land to build new houses.

Dipsticks.

It's not really pet cats that are the problem it's the feral ones. People don't neuter their cats and do stupid stuff like dump them when they are no longer kittens and the cats take off to the bush to survive. They grow bloody big too.

And it's not so much the birds they are a threat to, it's the ground dwelling marsupials etc like the bilby and the numbat that they are threatening.

In essence though is not really cats that are the problem but idiotic cat owners.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly ready to get kitten for my new home. There is a perfect one on Gumtree, pure white, neutered, litter trained, injections and that done, free to a good home due to the family moving. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$%28KGrHqZHJEMFII%29g2KpBBSG6oqEP2!~~48_

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

White cats are often deaf. 

Yeah my Devon Rex was deaf, he made up for it by being amazingly affectionate to the point it was like having a small child

White cats are often deaf. 

Yeah, I've been told that. Can be very very loud when meowing cos they don't realise the volume :D Also have problems with their eyes sometimes too.

Hogso another avenue open to you would be trying your local Veterinarian. People leave unwanted kittens into Veterinarians on a regular basis and if they can't be rehoused they normally put them down. Worth a try and if they don't have any leave your number and they will get back to you.

• 1 month later...

I got my kitten! Not the one above. Pics to come soon enough, but first, let's talk about litter, baby. What do you prefer, what does your cat prefer, why, pros and cons of the sorts you've used, etc...I've asked numerous cat owners already, and have had wildly different answers, so am curious to hear more.

My cat is deaf or if it's acting aloof it's taking it to new heights as you can even Hoover around her without waking her up

And yet she still heard the fridge door open tonight and appeared before the fridge light had even come on

hmmmmmm

• Like 2

Â