Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

He does make me laugh.

Absolutely zero football intelligence, repeats the same errors again and again.

Would stand out loads if he played against us though, can deal with long balls well for a young centre half I think.

so many headers that went either ballooned up rather than out or just softly back towards the danger area... worst of it being that for more than a fair few of those headers he had time to bring the ball down and play it out, awful today

him and clark are like comparing farts for who's smells nicer

We should all tap the brakes here. Yes he makes awful passes and screws up way to often but he will develop into a solid defender in a couple of years.

The type you want in your squad. I don't see him ever being great but much better than we see today...

A player of such limited ability will never be the type I want in our squad. He literally only has physicality going for him and an element of bravery that although admirable, is partly linked to his sheer recklessness.

• Like 1

Does Lambert even watch the same games as us, because in my eyes Baker has been far from excellent...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-pleased-6943489

Yeah, I know, what he should do is say "Oh, Baker? Yeah, bloody awful player who will never improve, belongs in the Championship." That would definitely give Baker some confidence after some poor performances, definitely make him a better player for us in a tough end to the season due to injuries.

• Like 1

Samjp26, on the back of Baker's atrocious performance against Fulham wouldn't it have been easier not to do an article on Baker, or just use normal managerial comments like "he is an important part of the team" etc...

Edited by mikeyp102

You can't make the mistakes Baker does, and have his limited ability to pass the ball and expect a long and successful Premier League career.

Carlos Cuellar and Reo Coker got far enough on it. Baker still has about 5 years on them to learn ;)

Samjp26, on the back of Baker's atrocious performance against Fulham wouldn't it have been easier not to do an article on Baker, or just use normal managerial comments like "he is an important part of the team" etc...

Do you think Lambert wrote that article himself? 

From reading it, it looks as if he was speaking about the team in general and was then asked about Baker. Hardly going to shoot him down is he? These are young players in terms of football that are just at the beginning of their careers.

Take your logic elsewhere Sam.

Surely it would be more logical to not spout nonsense though. He could easily have said to the media the stuff about baker being quiet, and that baker has a bright future in the game. That isn't knocking his confidence, but it's also not giving him over praise. In my eyes Baker's performance on Saturday was possibly one of worst I have seen by any villa player all season and for Lambert to say he has been excellent after that is just stupid.

• Like 1

Take your logic elsewhere Sam.

Surely it would be more logical to not spout nonsense though. He could easily have said to the media the stuff about baker being quiet, and that baker has a bright future in the game. That isn't knocking his confidence, but it's also not giving him over praise. In my eyes Baker's performance on Saturday was possibly one of worst I have seen by any villa player all season and for Lambert to say he has been excellent after that is just stupid.

We're gonna need every player to perform at 100% for these remaining games, I wouldn't look at it too much mate, just a confidence boost for the lad to try and get that 100% out of him.

Â