Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

On Makoun himself, I sincerely hope his family are OK. I doubt he would have played for us on Sunday because he hasn't found a place in the side. He has looked increasingly semi-engaged and I don't really expect him to hang around for very long - until January at the latest, perhaps.

This. He doesn't look suited to the Premiership to me and doesn't seem to have settled at all. He hasn't made the squad since the Wolves game for one reason or another. Hey but shit happens sometimes players don't settle and just aren't suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premiership. I've stood right next to the guy and he is very wimpy in build and weighs no more than 8 stone wringing wet.

Karl Henry got stuck him in to him, he bottled it and was made to look like a Sunday morning pub player and we haven't seen him since. I'd put money on him being gone by the start of next season with the excuse being family/personal reasons. Hope I'm wrong as I dare say we'll lose a couple of mill on him but from what I've seen, and I've been at every game he has played, overall he just isn't up to it in this league.

Think your delusional to think we'd sell him with only 12 months of being here, 6 of which during a relegation battle we couldnt expect him to adjust to the league that quickly.

Hardly delusional if he has a poor start to next season. I'm not convinced about him. Hopefully with a pre-season and time to settle he will prove me wrong though.

On Makoun himself, I sincerely hope his family are OK. I doubt he would have played for us on Sunday because he hasn't found a place in the side. He has looked increasingly semi-engaged and I don't really expect him to hang around for very long - until January at the latest, perhaps.

This. He doesn't look suited to the Premiership to me and doesn't seem to have settled at all. He hasn't made the squad since the Wolves game for one reason or another. Hey but shit happens sometimes players don't settle and just aren't suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premiership. I've stood right next to the guy and he is very wimpy in build and weighs no more than 8 stone wringing wet.

Karl Henry got stuck him in to him, he bottled it and was made to look like a Sunday morning pub player and we haven't seen him since. I'd put money on him being gone by the start of next season with the excuse being family/personal reasons. Hope I'm wrong as I dare say we'll lose a couple of mill on him but from what I've seen, and I've been at every game he has played, overall he just isn't up to it in this league.

:|

Brought in half way through a season.

No pre season.

Foreign surroundings.

Doesn't speak the language.

The team in general were not playing well.

Completely different league to the bench in Ligue 1.

Give him the summer. To me, he thinks too quick for the players around him and I can personally see the quality in the quy.

To me, he thinks too quick for the players around him and I can personally see the quality in the quy.

He thinks too quickly for himself at times from what I've seen. He has a great eye for a pass but often does not execute it the way he'd like.

His quality was clear to see at the manu game, the red card seemed to end his season really didnt look the same player after that im not saying thta was the single reason but i agree with the post above many factors could be the cause. Let him settle and i think weve got a very decent centre mid in our squad, the worry though is i presume he joined because of houllier and what he was told by him and IF houllier was to leave would he still want to be here?

Nice to see people are so forgiving.

Let's not give him a chance, lets write him off from the word go. It's unbelievable that an experienced Ligue 1 and international player isn't good for the Premier League in the few games he's played in.

FFS. How about you give him a chance, he like many foreign players needs time to settle, he's had his good moments and his bad. We judge him next season when he has a pre-season under his belt and has adjusted to the league. Reading the article it suggests his family may be based in Cameroon still so it can't be easy for him living here right now with no-one really to relate to due to language issues. Add to the fact he's had suspensions and injuries to deal with.

If people are stupid enough to judge a player on a few games well I'm glad they aren't in football as a lot of players would simply not make it in the game.

Jesus I can't believe people are judging him on a handful of performances. I'm just glad the naysayers aren't picking the teamsheet.

Rich_D has it spot on in his post above. Enough said.

It's hard to believe that he's being written off so soon. It's worth remembering that our best player last season, James Milner, took at least half a season to settle. It's the same thing with Bradley - he's barely had any time to make an impact - give him a chance!

I wondered how long it would take before his family being a car crash thus preventing him from taking part in our final game would translate into the 'Makoun is crap' brigade. The magnificent Stilian Petrov took the best part of a year to settle, in nothing like the circumstances we've had over the past 6 months. Let's hope Houllier or our next manager is as forgiving Martin O'Neill, eh?

I wondered how long it would take before his family being a car crash thus preventing him from taking part in our final game would translate into the 'Makoun is crap' brigade. The magnificent Stilian Petrov took the best part of a year to settle, in nothing like the circumstances we've had over the past 6 months. Let's hope Houllier or our next manager is as forgiving Martin O'Neill, eh?

I just don't think he's got the tools to be a Premier League player. There are some players who start off slowly and then get better, such as Petrov. Then there are players who start off slowly and don't get any better. If we'd just bought Djemba Djemba in similar circumstances, I'm sure people would be saying that he's an international, that Ferguson liked the look of him and that he just needs time to settle in.

No pre season.

Foreign surroundings.

Give him the summer. To me, he thinks too quick for the players around him and I can personally see the quality in the quy.

I agree with this.

Also if you watch him play he is finding space off the ball to make himself available for the pass. He is confident in possession and has shown signed to open teams up with his passing. I think mhe will be our best midfielder next season and alot of the play will go through him.

I just don't think he's got the tools to be a Premier League player. There are some players who start off slowly and then get better, such as Petrov. Then there are players who start off slowly and don't get any better. If we'd just bought Djemba Djemba in similar circumstances, I'm sure people would be saying that he's an international, that Ferguson liked the look of him and that he just needs time to settle in.

If Djemba Djemba had made 100 passes in a game against Manchester United I think he might have stayed there!

I think, from what I've seen anyway, that he has a real pure talent as a footballer and I will be incredibly disappointed if he doesn't get a fair chance to show that in his time here. If he doesn't make it after he's had a fair crack of the whip, then okay but I'm not going to be the judge of that after less than 6 months.

No pre season.

Foreign surroundings.

I agree with this.

Also if you watch him play he is finding space off the ball to make himself available for the pass. He is confident in possession and has shown signed to open teams up with his passing. I think mhe will be our best midfielder next season and alot of the play will go through him.

This is what I've noticed, his positional play in receiving the ball is something I have rarely seen at the Villa and it was a joy to watch.

If we can tap into that by getting other sides of his game up to speed and get the players around him expecting the quick ball along with the movement I have high hopes for Jean Deux.

I personally think he's exceptionally aware of other players, how to find space and love the fact he likes to play the ball to feet or slightly ahead of them. There is no way that an average player could play like he did at OT and I cant remember the last time a Villa player ever made so many passes in one game.

i can't believe some of these quotes, he is an experienced cl quality cm who has been there and done it, he is still settling in, in this country and is probably living in a hotel. I am convinced that he'll be a huge player for us next season, his performance against fulham at home was absolutely outstanding and i'm sure he'll perform to that standard regularly next season

Â