Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He has had a handful of games, maybe give him a few more before deciding he aint going to be up to it. I recall seeing Des Bremner make his debut v Arsenal at home and saying he could be the worst player I had seen in a Villa shirt. After a few games, I was shown to be foolish.

He has had a handful of games, maybe give him a few more before deciding he aint going to be up to it. I recall seeing Des Bremner make his debut v Arsenal at home and saying he could be the worst player I had seen in a Villa shirt. After a few games, I was shown to be foolish.

I said the same about Djemba Djemba and Harewood and was shown to be right.

risso, makoun was good enough for lyon, a team that consistently qualified for the cl, who are better than us, so why don't you think he'll be good enough to be in our 1st team?

That really is almost childish in its simplicity. For the same reason that Shevchenko who won the Champions League with Milan couldn't cut it at Chelsea. It's an entirely different league with an entirely different way of playing. It suits some players, and doesn't suit others.

risso, makoun was good enough for lyon, a team that consistently qualified for the cl, who are better than us, so why don't you think he'll be good enough to be in our 1st team?

He clearly wasn't good enough or they wouldn't have sold him for peanuts, I have no interest in french football but a few years ago he was meant to be the real deal. maybe he still has that in him but so far I haven't really seen it. Has he had many injuries over the years?

He clearly wasn't good enough or they wouldn't have sold him for peanuts, I have no interest in french football but a few years ago he was meant to be the real deal. maybe he still has that in him but so far I haven't really seen it. Has he had many injuries over the years?

He was actually getting a run in the first team when he was sold apparently. Plus Lyon are in a bit of financial trouble, hence the price.

That really is almost childish in its simplicity. For the same reason that Shevchenko who won the Champions League with Milan couldn't cut it at Chelsea. It's an entirely different league with an entirely different way of playing. It suits some players, and doesn't suit others.

You could be right. We still need to give him a pre-season and if he's still off pace, he has to go. But there's still hope for him yet. He does have potential to be a regular.

Lyons fans didnt want him to leave by all accounts and again would just say give him a chance to adapt to the English game

Well, bravo sir. You accurately predicted that Harewood would be shite.

I have seen enough of Makoun to make me believe he is good enough to start in our midfield, given a full pre-season and a bit more premiership experience.

And I said the same about Essien, Malouda, Nasri etc... and was shown to be right.

Bannan's been much more useful than Makoun this season. He's not perfect, but then young players rarely are, but he's been better than any of the midfielders that Houllier has brought in, ie Pires, Makoun and Bradley, who in respectively have been old and terrible, distinctly average, and a complete waste of time.
Bannan's young and Makoun came in mid-season from France. Both will need to time to develop/adjust and I think Makoun should be given a chance next season to establish himself in the side.

Well, bravo sir. You accurately predicted that Harewood would be shite.

I have seen enough of Makoun to make me believe he is good enough to start in our midfield, given a full pre-season and a bit more premiership experience.

And I said the same about Essien, Malouda, Nasri etc... and was shown to be right.

I find it amazing the guy is getting stick, bloody joke

Considering your record of sticking the knife into our previous manager, and our stunning performances since he left, it's wonderful to see that you're still the self-titled football genius. Most people would have gone into hiding, but you've stuck around and are still sharing the benefits of your wisdom. Well done.

If the ungrateful fans don't drive him away, Makoun has every chance of being a star for us next season. He has real talent. Quick ball.

Considering your record of sticking the knife into our previous manager, and our stunning performances since he left, it's wonderful to see that you're still the self-titled football genius. Most people would have gone into hiding, but you've stuck around and are still sharing the benefits of your wisdom. Well done.

If the ungrateful fans don't drive him away, Makoun has every chance of being a star for us next season. He has real talent. Quick ball.

Eh? It wasn't me who appointed that idiot Houllier. Not sure exactly how I was supposed to stop O'Neill having a hissy fit and walking out either .

i like the look of him, he is different to bannan, while i can understand the points of blocking his development, they are 2 different types of player, makoun so far, looks the water carrier, nothing is spectacular but it is all neat and tidy and he shifts the ball with acuracy in most games, something we have needed for a while, an accurate quick thinking ball shifter.

bannan looks decent, he is a gifted player with the ball but unless we play 5 in the middle i think he wont get much play time as with the ball he is good but his work off the ball is not as good as others.

i personally think we should go 5 in the middle with benty up front on his own which would mean something lige young and downing on the wings with delph makoun and bannan in the middle ( if we were to play bannan)

it would be a young midfield which is full of running although tackling would become an issue as only makoun and delph look like being able to win a 50/50 challenge and both also apear to not have their timing quite right for those tackles.

bannan needs to come on another level or 2 in order to see regular footy at villa park for me, he has the time as he is still young but he would not be a first team starter and at the moment would be lucky to get into the first team match day squad as we still have petrov and NRC and albrighton who would for me all be above him, plus delph, downing and ashley young.

makoun with a full preseason and some more time aclimatising to england, could be a good bit of business.

Â