Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I cant wait to see this fella play next season.

Showed glimpses of what he can do but obviously suffered with the change, with a propper pre season he will fly.

makoun so far, looks the water carrier, nothing is spectacular but it is all neat and tidy and he shifts the ball with acuracy in most games, something we have needed for a while, an accurate quick thinking ball shifter.

I think does him a bit of a disservice, his passing range and constant tendency to push the ball forward mark him out as far more than a water carrier IMO.

I have hopes he will be more of a Merson than a Deschamps.

I think to be frank a lot of people are fantasising about this guy's potential, based on a very few and rather erratic performances for us. We have yet to see what he can really offer over a sustained campaign. I supopose for 5m Euros or whatever it was someone must have thought he had something to offer but he hasn't shown it to Villa fans yet.

I think to be frank a lot of people are fantasising about this guy's potential, based on a very few and rather erratic performances for us. We have yet to see what he can really offer over a sustained campaign. I supopose for 5m Euros or whatever it was someone must have thought he had something to offer but he hasn't shown it to Villa fans yet.

No, they just have a different opinion to you.

I was discussing what their opinions might be based on - something people often ignore on here. It's all very well having an opinion but if it's not well-grounded, it's not worth a lot.

I was discussing what their opinions might be based on - something people often ignore on here. It's all very well having an opinion but if it's not well-grounded, it's not worth a lot.

maybe their opinions are based on performances they have seen.. for example alot of people have seen NRC play doesn't mean they necessarily have the same opinion.. some want him to go, some want him to stay.. and this is based on what people have seen on the pitch.

So maybe people aren't "fantasising" they are maybe looking at his performances and have seen glimpses of what he can do.. hardly "fantasising" maybe optimistic is the right word.

Makoun is the last person i would fantasise about :wink:

He really needs a pre-season behind him. Its hard enough playing in England, without jioning a team that is split and struggling. Like Dude said, ive seen enough to beleive that we have a very good player on our books, and he will be a huge hit next term.

I still remember that game against Man U. He practically outplayed their whole midfield on his own.

this, add in the couple of brilliant through balls he's put in iirc vs newcastle and wolves, he looks a good player to me just short of confidence and tries too many 1st time passes

His first touch/first time ball is fantastic and his weighted passes are second to none.

I think he does need to adjust to the pace of the game though and realise that you don't have to let it go first time every time. If he can do that he could have an excellent future for us.

He really needs a pre-season behind him. Its hard enough playing in England, without jioning a team that is split and struggling.

yes, this is true.

so many good players in the Prem over the years took time to settle in before becoming great.

He needs to stop kicking people as well.

7 games, 2 yellows, 1 red.

Sheesh.

The guy has got an edge to him and letting Karl Henry know so isn't something I'd criticise him for. Getting banned isn't bright but one could argue it was harsh.

Ciaran Clark 22 games 10 yellow's. Again I like players who put themselves around a bit in a team that has been widely criticised for lack of fight for much of the season.

[

The guy has got an edge to him and letting Karl Henry know so isn't something I'd criticise him for.

In all fairness mate Karl Henry completely bullied him out of that game and Makoun couldn't handle him.

It seems he really struggles against players that get stuck in to him and if he is still here next season, which I have doubts about, then its something he needs to improve on quickly.

[

The guy has got an edge to him and letting Karl Henry know so isn't something I'd criticise him for.

In all fairness mate Karl Henry completely bullied him out of that game and Makoun couldn't handle him.

It seems he really struggles against players that get stuck in to him and if he is still here next season, which I have doubts about, then its something he needs to improve on quickly.

ffs mark, patience really isn't your forte, is it? He is still settling into a new country and surroundings, he probably hasn't even found a house yet, give him time, we will see the best of him next season

[

So you think we are going to sign a Cameroon international for €5m in January (I assume on a 3.5 year contract or so) and then sell him in the summer??

Â