Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I personally think he's exceptionally aware of other players, how to find space and love the fact he likes to play the ball to feet or slightly ahead of them. There is no way that an average player could play like he did at OT and I cant remember the last time a Villa player ever made so many passes in one game.

agreed, the other players just aren't on his wavelength, it'll take a few months for makoun and the other players to adjust to each other and get to know each other's games

agreed, the other players just aren't on his wavelength, it'll take a few months for makoun and the other players to adjust to each other and get to know each other's games

I think it's rubbish that others aren't quick enough thinkers or not on his wave length. He's looked quality in some games and awkfuk in others. His passing in some games has been woeful and in others fantastic.

I think makoun can go either way, he could well be a star next year or he could be a complete flop.

I think it's rubbish that others aren't quick enough thinkers or not on his wave length. He's looked quality in some games and awkfuk in others. His passing in some games has been woeful and in others fantastic.

I think makoun can go either way, he could well be a star next year or he could be a complete flop.

makoun always knows what he's going to do with the ball before he's got it, no-one else in the squad has this quality, in some games his games his execution hasn't been great.

I agree with the last bit though, next season is sink or swim for him

I've stood right next to the guy and he is very wimpy in build and weighs no more than 8 stone wringing wet.
Guess we best be shipping off Barry Bannan as well then.

Anyway, I think he needs time and it's way too early to definitively say whether he's going to be a flop or not.

No more than 8 stone? Don't make me laugh. He's nearly 11 stone, and a beast of a bloke from what I can see.

Judging him now is ridiculous. He's come to us with an excellent reputation as a solid midfielder, from a Champions League club (and Lyon are pretty damn big), and so far has done pretty well. He was our best player against United, and although he's struggled to adapt to the pace of the game in other matches that can only improve over time. What we have seen of him so far is that he's an assured passer and an excellent one-touch pass and mover. The reputation he came to us with was a tough, energetic midfield tackler. Maybe, when he adapts to the English game next year, he can show us both. If he does we'll be extremely happy. If he doesn't and turns out to not adapt at all, well, we'll sell him on for what will be at worst a very small loss. So I think we should just calm down about him and give him a chance, all the anti-Maks.

To me he doesn't look strong or fast and those things won't improve with him being settled. He has looked great at passing in some games but also looked awlful at passing in others.

I don't think it's clear he'll be a success in this league, better players than makoun have failed here.

Just remember folks how long it took a certain Columbian International to settle into life in UK and the Premier League - He had a mare of a start to his career here.

The last three years were even worse.

To me he doesn't look strong or fast and those things won't improve with him being settled. He has looked great at passing in some games but also looked awlful at passing in others.

I don't think it's clear he'll be a success in this league, better players than makoun have failed here.

I agree. Hope he makes it, don't think he will. I think Bannan has a much better range of passing personally. I don't think I saw a better pass from anybody in the league all season than his ball to Albrighton away at Fulham.

Remember when Pires joined Arsenal? It took him aroudn a year to settle and he went on to become the best midfielder of his generation.

Lets guve this lad a chance eh? He's had some poor games, but will get better - he has the right pedigree so the least we can do is give a chance.

Lets not forget that Milner was complete Pap when he joined as was Downing and tehy turned OK didn't they?

better players than makoun have failed here.

A subjective notion but I'm interested to who you think they are.

If 'here' is the Premier League then:

Veron

Shevchenko

Forlan

Rebrov

Marlet

Dzeko

Poulsen

Â